Wacom + MBP ergonomics (solution inside)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smali, Nov 5, 2011.

1. smali macrumors regular

Anyone using a macbook pro with a large wacom tablet can tell you that shoulder pain and neck strain is a major problem.

Putting the laptop and tablet next to each other causes strain in your shoulder. Putting it in front causes the screen to be too far away causing eye fatigue/strain.

Ideal place would be ontop of the recessed keyboard however interference from the MBP cause the tablet to malfunction.

Solution: This is gonna sound stupid but I had an idea to layer around 10 sheets of aluminium foil stuck them to the bottom of my wacom tablet and now when placed over the keyboard no interference at all!

I've been working like this for a few hours and no shoulder pain, hope this helps someone.

Note: If you use hotkeys a lot it might be worth getting a :apple:bluetooth keyboard, cost of it outweighs having to eat painkillers to be able to work i think.

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

what do you do to elevate your arm to the level of the macbook? I leave my wacom at the front right corner of my mbp as it allows my forearm/wrist to stay straight. I have done this since I first got the wacom so I am used to the visual alignment I guess.

3. smali thread starter macrumors regular

I just have my elbow on the desk, tbh its actually more comfortable for me since I'm used to drawing on quite thick sketchpads that are thicker than the mbp (shows you how thin this laptop is and people still want thinner!)