Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I'm having trouble installing my Wacom tablet driver. It installs and at the time works fine, but as soon as I restart Windows XP it seems to go missing and the tablet won't function properly, when I open Corel Painter it asks to reinstall the tablet driver.

I have reinstalled the driver, removed it (via Control Panel) and reinstalled it, I have left it plugged into the USB socket and restarted, I have removed it from the USB socket and restarted and I have even tried swapping it between both USB sockets but with the same result.

Anyone have any ideas how to get my Wacom tablet working in XP under Bootcamp?

MannyK

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
Mac Too!

Sorry, I wish I had a fix for you but I'm having the exact same problem on my macbook pro running 10.5.6 on a 2.4ghz Intel core 2 Duo w/ 4gb ram.

If anyone has a solution I'd love to hear it. I spoke to the guys at Wacom, they told me to trash the preferences, run a permissions fix and reinstall. No help. I have to reload the drivers everytime I restart the machine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.