Wacom Tablet Not Working on my New Laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by C-lon, Sep 12, 2010.

1. C-lon macrumors member

I installed all of the software for the tablet itself as well as Photoshop Elements 2, and neither work. My tablet says that it doesn't work on Intel processors. Is there any way around this? My tablet is relatively old, but it doesn't seem outdated at all. I really would still like to use this. It was worth $100 after all...

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Did you download the latest drivers for your tablet from Wacom's website?

3. C-lon thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, that did it. Photoshop still isn't working, but I still need to look further into that. I'll probably first try re-installing.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

I believe the reason Photoshop Elements isn't working is because it's such an old version. The current version is 8, so it might be that it just doesn't work on Intel processors and/or Leopard/Snow Leopard. Not sure if you'd be able to get it working using Rosetta, but I doubt you'll be able to get it working without it.

5. C-lon thread starter macrumors member

So how do I get this Rosetta?

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

7. C-lon thread starter macrumors member

8. skorpien macrumors 68020

It seems the only way to install Rosetta over the Internet is to first run the PowerPC application. You'll then be prompted to download and install Rosetta. There is no direct link from Apple's support site.

The other option is to install it using the install discs that came with your computer.

If running the application hasn't prompted you to download and install Rosetta, and you do not have the install discs that came with your computer, I highly suggest you either contact Adobe's support or upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop Elements.