Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Ive been a digital painter for around 8 years and love the size of the 6x8. Im still using an intuos 1 6x8, before that I had a 4x5 graphire and that was too small to draw but still totally useable for painting.

I wouldnt want to go larger, larger=more arm work, and the 9x12 is freaking huge. I dont really have the desktop space for that monster anyways (9x12=active area, theres still several inches of extra space on the edges making it very very large). I havent used the 6x11 but I imagine those are a good size too, Im happy enough with just using widescreen proportions on the 6x8 though.

I have the 9x12 and it's just a matter of adjusting the area on the tablet to match your screen or even better you "can" adjust the area on the tablet to be smaller as that will match your screen corners as well thus less arm movement. I do find the 9x12 much nicer than the 16x24 sketch pads required in figure drawing at art school, now that was arm movement ;)

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
what, theres still an overlay (I assume you mean the bit of plastic over the 'tablet' area) on the intuos 3, its grey and you can buy a clear version if you wanted. It just peels up from the bottom and is stuck on at the top.

o_O....

what....

I have owned an Intuos 3 for the last year!! Shouldn't I have noticed?? :confused: I just sold it last week

Soma 115

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2008
the Chi
Allright, i've read through this thread atleast 3 times over....and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between a Wacom Bamboo tablet VS. a Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet(small). Is it just the included mouse?? or are there other usefull features added???

Thanks in Advance

-Dillon

MmSuperMario

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Allright, i've read through this thread atleast 3 times over....and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between a Wacom Bamboo tablet VS. a Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet(small). Is it just the included mouse?? or are there other usefull features added???

Thanks in Advance

-Dillon
I have a regular Bamboo and the only difference I could find between the two was the mouse and included software. I also think there were 3 extra buttons on the Fun one.

The Bamboo is good enough for me once I started to mess around with the brush settings in PS. I've been able to make a few nice things with it.

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
o_O....

what....

I have owned an Intuos 3 for the last year!! Shouldn't I have noticed?? :confused: I just sold it last week

Yep you should have noticed :rolleyes:

It does appear stuck down at times though, but its definitely there, I bought a clear one to replace it and it lifts quite happily once I get a fingernail under it. :)

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
The Intuo3 line does not have a clear plastic tracing cover. The Graphire tablet does. The Intuos3 cover is not meant to be lifted.

what?, the whole point of the cover (yes the original is grey, hence me saying a clear replacement) is to protect the tablet sensor area and then be replaced if the cover gets scratched. There is a clear option (buy one) for replacement for those who prefer to stick things under and trace, the only thing holding it on is a bit of double sided sticky tape - trust me I have one and also bought the clear cover, I've also had a graphire in the past which is fixed :rolleyes:

edit: linky - scroll down a bit and you will see the option for transparent (clear), friction (rough and grey) and standard (grey) overlays, note the little brown tab where the sticky tape is.

jerryrock

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Amsterdam, NY
what?, the whole point of the cover (yes the original is grey, hence me saying a clear replacement) is to protect the tablet sensor area and then be replaced if the cover gets scratched. There is a clear option (buy one) for replacement for those who prefer to stick things under and trace, the only thing holding it on is a bit of double sided sticky tape - trust me I have one and also bought the clear cover, I've also had a graphire in the past which is fixed :rolleyes:
edit: linky - scroll down a bit and you will see the option for transparent (clear), friction (rough and grey) and standard (grey) overlays, note the little brown tab where the sticky tape is.

I think you are a little mixed up. The link you provided is for some stick on aftermarket product.

Graphire tablet. The ergonomic design of the Graphire tablet lets you work comfortably. The transparent frame allows you to customize your Graphire by inserting family photos, artwork, designs, or textures below the tablet cover.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 100

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
no I'm not, for one they're wacom parts so I doubt they're aftermarket :rolleyes:

Second you'll see that the initial posts where regarding an intous2 which uses a similar plastic overlay to the intuos3. I think the fact wacom call those 'aftermarket' parts an overlay says it all :cool:

Soma 115

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2008
the Chi
I have a regular Bamboo and the only difference I could find between the two was the mouse and included software. I also think there were 3 extra buttons on the Fun one.

The Bamboo is good enough for me once I started to mess around with the brush settings in PS. I've been able to make a few nice things with it.

Awesome! i already have PS so no need for the software...I can't wait to pick mine up after work! Thanks alot man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.