Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
When I try to use my intuos tablet with pixelmator I can't draw lines.
I get dots but no lines.
I called wacom and they told me it's an issue with pixelmator.

Everything works fine with adobe apps.

How do I get the tablet to work in pixelmator.

Thanks for the replies.

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2015
Probably not, Pixelmator isn't really that advanced that it can handle sensitive pressure tools and stuff like that.

It's just an easy to use, basic but still powerful image editor.

--

When you really want to try your Wacom and do more advanced stuff give Affinity Photo (bitmap) or Affinity Designer (vector) a spin. Affordable apps with more advanced tools.

Reactions: Meister

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Probably not, Pixelmator isn't really that advanced that it can handle sensitive pressure tools and stuff like that.

It's just an easy to use, basic but still powerful image editor.

--

When you really want to try your Wacom and do more advanced stuff give Affinity Photo (bitmap) or Affinity Designer (vector) a spin. Affordable apps with more advanced tools.
Thanks.
I have adobe CS with PS and use the tablet mostly with Lr.

The thing is that adobe only lets you install on two Macs and I have a third one that I want to use which already has pixelmator on it.

I'm really surprised that it wouldn't work with pixelmator.
I really just need it for basic drawing.

Chandlerart

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2019
Burlington ON
When I try to use my intuos tablet with pixelmator I can't draw lines.
I get dots but no lines.
I called wacom and they told me it's an issue with pixelmator.

Everything works fine with adobe apps.

How do I get the tablet to work in pixelmator.

Thanks for the replies.

I just came across this post now trying to solve a similar issue. I had a Wacom Intuos and used Pixelmator with it for years with no issues!
But I just started using an XP-Pen Artist22 Pro tablet and I'm having the exact same issue you are having with Pixelmator. It's the only program that won't work. I was hoping to find some sort of "fix"... did you ever find a solution to your problem?
I emailed Pixelmator and still waiting to hear back.

Retsiem

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2017
I just came across this post now trying to solve a similar issue. I had a Wacom Intuos and used Pixelmator with it for years with no issues!
But I just started using an XP-Pen Artist22 Pro tablet and I'm having the exact same issue you are having with Pixelmator. It's the only program that won't work. I was hoping to find some sort of "fix"... did you ever find a solution to your problem?
I emailed Pixelmator and still waiting to hear back.
I also have a Wacom Intuos and it does not work with Pixelmator.
I have no clue how you used it with Pixelmator for years, because Pixelmator does not support Wacom tablets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.