Wait 3 Weeks for my DF or pick up iPhone from Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ErikAndre, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Ok. I can't seem to find a solid answer to this one, but... I ordered my iPhone from my local AT&T store earlier this week and they told me 21 days for DF (unaware they would be available at Apple Stores).

SO... Theoretically... if its possible to cancel the iPhone order at the AT&T store when it arrives in 3 weeks, and I happen to walk into an Apple store and find one available tomorrow morning... is it possible... just for the sake of argument... to pick up the new iPhone and activate it on that number... and get the same $199 price?

Or will I have to shell out the full price at Apple?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I've seen some people post here that when they have a DF backordered, Apple is refusing to sell to them. I don't know if it's true across the board, but I would try it, now that there seems to be some sort of available at many Apple Stores, but still an amazingly high number of backorders through AT&T.

Good luck.

3. ErikAndre thread starter macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Yeah, i heard Apple also gets $100 for every activation from their store (not sure if thats true), but it definately would make sense why they would refuse to sell to those who have something on order from AT&T.