Wait does the early 2008 mbp's compatible with the new led cinema displays?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 88888888, Dec 8, 2008.

1. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Adapters will come. DisplayPort is compatable with HDMI and DVI-D, which your MBP is equipped with. Hang in there and wait it out if you just have to have the Apple display.

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Yeah, someone will make an adapter soon.

Though this will not be a simple $30 adapter. They are likely to cost quiet a bit as it is not just cabling, you will actually need a conversion, so some sort of physical box (or whatever they come up with).

I wish apple thought this out better. I have no issues what so ever with Display port, i do have an issue that only three products in existence currently work with the LED screen (new MB, MBP and MBA). The screen are really nice.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Just wait for Macworld. I was saying "screw it" and going to purchase a Cinema Display but the buyers guide is predicting an update soon. I figure they will have something in the Pipeline for the pro users who wish to upgrade in the way of adapter or an entirely different monitor lineup. It seems likely that they rushed out this solution just to get something out of the door. The Displays wern't even shipping at the time of the announcement.