Wait for 5.5-inch or Galaxy Note 4?- What will you choose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macness, Jul 25, 2014.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

:apple: Guys I love Apple product, both software and hardware. I have had an iPhone since the 3Gs. I've switched to Android once a year ago for the bigger screen. I ended up with the Note 2. It absolutely blew my mind. Not because of its Android operating system, but because its utilization of a bigger screen. The Samsung Galaxy Note II did not just give me form.. it gave me function. From ACTUAL multitasking to a split screen view to the way it displays tabs.

I ended up going back to my iPhone 5 because i missed the OS and all the wonderful things the world of Apple had to offer. BUT THAT SCREEN... and its functionality. If apple does release a 5.5-inch iPhone its going to take more than just size. Without the simplest things such as MULTI WINDOW and MULTITASKING will it really be able to match up to the NOTE 4?

Which one will you go with?
    What if APPLE only releases a 4.7-inch at first? Will you wait?

2. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I had a Note 3 for a year and never used multitask drag & drop features... lol

It's a nice gimmick, but when would I ever realistically need to drag & drop something?
    Multiwindow was somewhat useful but again, I rarely used it. Especially because you can't benefit from this with 3rd party apps.

That being said, the screen was gorgeous, the camera was incredible and I liked the build quality compared to most Samsung phones.

If there is a 5.5" iPhone 6, then I suspect the screen will be even more beautiful and the build quality will trump Samsung (per usual)... just not sure about the camera. I'm no camera snob, but even I could tell the Note 3 camera was special (but that may be because I was looking at the pictures on the gorgeous screen...)

3. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

I'm going to see what both these phones are like when they're released and make a decision from there. At the moment I'm slightly nudging in the iPhone 6's direction but a great Note 4, or a bad i6 and my decision will be an easy one.

4. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

If apple doesn't come up with a 5.5, I will take a serious look at the G3. Unless of course Samsung drops the Touch Wiz and AMOLED screen from the Note 4, but I doubt it.

5. juice3250 macrumors member

I am currently using an iphone 4 8gb and it is so slow and has limited storage. I recently came from a galaxy nexus and s3. I do miss the screen size and speed, but I love iOS so much more, even on a 3.5 inch display compared to 4.8" and 4.65" size. In my opinion, I've always favored software over hardware. Software usually doesn't change that much. But hardware is constantly changing and you can wear yourself out chasing the best on paper smartphone with the best hardware specs.

6. madfelon macrumors member

I have been holding out for the 5.5 iPhone but I will take a hard look at the note 4. I love the simple use of ios, but my iPhone 5 is dying a slow death (battery is awful) and I cant wait if apple decides to release it in December or early next year. I have a LG/G2 and while not as good as my iPhone it certainly has blurred the lines for me and makes me more inclined to purchase another Android.

7. I7guy macrumors G5

Not interested in android, will see what apple releases before decision is made to hold onto iPhone 5s or get iPhone 6.

8. alent1234 macrumors 603

i have a cracked screen GN3 and going back to iphone
    the 3GB of ram is useless because most of it is used by running apps
    location is way better on iphone
    scamsung/at&t push new apps to YOUR phone all the time

it's a nice phone, but IOS is better

9. joshkhaos1 macrumors 6502

I've gone back and forth between iOS and Android many times and I doubt I'll ever go away from iOS again. I always find that iOS works better, and the support for iOS devices is a night and day difference than Android. G3 looks nice and all but it's only a placeholder for when the next Android phone comes out next month or shortly after.

No interest in the 5.5" model for me. If I need something bigger than my phone, that's why I have an iPad. :eek: