Wait for a new mba?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aipod22, May 13, 2011.

  1. aipod22 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 13, 2011
    #1
    Hello i was looking at buyer's guide and it said mid production cycle and in late august i will be an exchangestudent in USA (im from sweden) i wont need a mac until wen i arrive in the states. Should i wait for an update or should i consider buying one now?
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    If you don't need one now, why not wait? As usual it's up to you, and you probably could have given this some thought yourself instead of asking a question that boils down to personal preference.
     
  3. aipod22 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 13, 2011
    #3
    I dont need one now but if it wont update until september i could buy one now
     
  4. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #4
    That's nice. Nobody knows when the next update will be, so balance your desire for a new computer against the costs of buying one now.
     
  5. smugDrew macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Location:
    in a dwelling
    #5
    In all honesty, wait!

    The new i5, possibly i7 based MBA combined with intel HD3000 are going to be an awesome upgrade over the current C2D (3 year old CPU?) based MBA's.

    I agree that the current MBA's are very fast and super capable but I believe the updated Sandybridge parts are going to be well worth the wait.
     
  6. Oli3000 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2009
    #6
    Buy it in America as I imagine that will be significantly cheaper.
     
  7. Ridley macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2011
    #7
    I don't understand when people say stuff like this. There are many people that know the release date. As as it nears and more suppliers get involved, more people know. These people are supposed to keep the information secret. But sometimes it leaks out, and sometimes it doesn't leak out but people claim it has. In either case it becomes a rumor and we discuss these rumors here on MacRumors.

    And about the buyers guide, there are many posts about it. I have one linked below. Hope that helps. In my opinion its a no brainer to wait for a Sandy Bridge Air.

     
  8. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

    42streetsdown

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2011
    Location:
    Gallifrey, 5124
    #8
    There are a few rumors saying it'll happen this summer.... i'm certainly waiting
     
  9. MBABuyer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Location:
    VA
    #9
    There is basically a consensus that the MBA will be updated in June with Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt.

    Here is a quote from another thread (it contains links to the information about the MBA update)



    There are two main MBA June refresh Predicitions -

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20031434-64.html

    http://www.appleinsider.com/article...n_of_thunderbolt_macbook_airs_next_month.html


    Correctly predicted the 11" MBA's release, over three months before it came out.

    Brooke Crothers also has a decent track record, having correctly predicted that the 13" 2011 MBP would drop Nvidia and go Intel-only with graphics.

    There's also the reports that the new MBPs have stolen the spotlight from the MBA, and sales are declining up to 40% from February-March 2011.

    That, to me, means the refresh is gonna happen sooner, rather than later. If the sales had stayed strong, Apple would have no reason to update. But it seems the 13" Core-iX MBP is obviously stealing potential MBA (C2D) customers



    Thanks,
    Swayne
     

Share This Page