Wait for Activation from Email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jpix55, Oct 15, 2011.

1. jpix55 macrumors member

My 4s has full service bars, yet I cannot use the network. When I try to make calls it says "your phone is not authorized to to this" or something like that.

How long have some of you been waiting for this activation email? I've been waiting about 15 hours now and I think it's kinda ridiculous. I'm using the original iPhone, so a 4s would be quite an upgrade if i could use it!!!!

2. Virance macrumors regular

It may sound stupid, but try rebooting the phone if you have not. My phone connected fine, but I had to reboot it to get the 3G data network authorized.

If that doesn't work, I would call in - 15 hours is extreme.

3. jpix55 thread starter macrumors member

Per your advice I rebooted it and nothing changed. I wish it would have been that easy, haha. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on hold with ATT right now hoping to get this resolved.

4. MacDaddy24 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If it makes you feel any better I just woke up and my phone is still not activated :( I am also waiting for "the email" ... So frustrating.

5. jpix55 thread starter macrumors member

Ya, makes me feel a little better, haha. ATT told me that because I'm connected to their network it is not their fault and that I should contact Apple. Apple then said it was an actually an ATT issue and that I could try to reset the network settings on the 4s. That didn't work so Apple said all I can do is wait.

This is my first time buying an iPhone on launch day and now I see what people just wait. By the time I get this $800 iBrick working everyone else's will have shipped. Sigh.

6. Hatshepsut macrumors newbie

I had this problem, and a network reset worked for me (General-->Reset-->Reset Network Settings). But the AT&T rep who helped me seemed to say that they had been simply unable to activate some phones, and that the problem was mainly, or just, with phones pre-ordered from Apple.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I pre ordered 2 iPhones. I started the activation process at 6PM yesterday. I finally received 2 emails from Apple saying that they were activated around 2PM today. My wife's new iPhone works now, mine does not. I've restarted my iPhone, reset network settings, even removed the SIM and put it back in. No luck. This is really annoying.

8. jpix55 thread starter macrumors member

So check this out...I went to the ATT store to see if they could help me out. Turns out, the SIM card that they activated on my account was not the one in my phone! I guess with 4 million plus phones out there, it was bound to happen.

So for those of you who don't know what's wrong, I'd recommend heading to your nearest service provider store and say, "hey, fix my $800 phone please."