wait for apple to update macbook pro 2010 from random freezes problems

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, May 14, 2010.

  1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 12, 2010
    #1
    I have considering getting an i7 15 inch macbook pro 2010 model with the 500 gb hard drive. But I have been reading extensive threads here & in the apple forums about random freeze ups of the computer. I have thought about a rule of thumb when new technology comes out, to wait about 6 months for the bugs to be worked out. Should I hold off for now? until apple fixes this problem? I would certainly not be happy if I spend 2,000 + dollars on a machine that freezes up randomly on me, & at this price, I cannot really afford to take a gamble that my computer will have these problems. It seems to be prevalent like a 50/50 chance mine may suffer from the freeze up bug.

    If I want slow downs, freezes, or an occasional crash, I have a PC that can do this for me now for free.
     
  2. GTWH macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    #2
    Hi. I am planning to buy a new MBP as well and like yourself, usually wait a while after a new version comes out before buying. However, I think I would wait 2-3 months rather than 6, if you wait 6 months, you are then getting towards the time when another refresh is possible. it becomes a dilemma then, high price for proven 6 month old tech or high price for new (possible) unproven tech.

    I'm planning to give it another month or maybe two, then buy, hopefully by that time the issue will be fixed, either with a software update or new batch of hard drives, if that is the issue.
     

Share This Page