Wait for Broadwell or just get Haswell now? (MBP Retina 15")

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CONMAN6, Nov 3, 2014.

  1. CONMAN6 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2011
    #1
    I know there is already a thread discussing Broadwell but I wanted to ask something more specific whether it would be worth waiting 6-8 months or whenever the next MacBook Pro 15" comes out. I'm getting this for school use and really would only be using it for web stuff and maybe some occasional video/photo editing and CAD. Not anything really heavy (no gaming really) but I want it to last at least 3 years hopefully more. Currently thinking about getting the 15" Iris Pro model. I have a 13" 2008 MacBook Pro that I am using right now, and am needing to replace it (mainly speed and screen size, I just can't do 13" anymore). Thanks in advance for the insight.
     
  2. GP-SE macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2013
    #2
    buy now, most likely no broadwell until summer 2015.
     
  3. Icehawk macrumors member

    Icehawk

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
    Location:
    I'm lost.
    #3
    I'm in a similar boat. It's not worth waiting almost another year for me to get the coming latest and greatest processor. I'm going from a 2009 13", so like you, I'm getting a major upgrade as is.
     

Share This Page