Wait for greenpoisOn.com or use redsnOw?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Andrew83Ga, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

I JB with GP earlier with no isssues. Of course, like everyone else, I don't have cydia. I know that there are apparently no issues with running both, but from just a logical standpoint (NOT a knowledgable stadpoint, as I dont know much), would it be easier on the phone to just wait instead of clogging the phone with both? Seems like their website can't be down toooo much longer right?

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Why don't you just use redsn0w to install cydia?

3. Andrew83Ga thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I guess I will, but that was my question. It just seemed it would be 'cleaner' to download it through the loader when things clear up on greenpoisOn.com instead of having 2 sets of JB software. But again, I admit that I don't know much about this stuff, and if there's no advantage to waiting, I'll just use redsnOw. Thanks for the response.

4. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

^I used redsnow and it worked fine. I have cydia now :cool:

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You aren't putting any jailbreak software on the phone by using redsn0w at this point. You are simply adding the cydia program to the phone. Make sure to uncheck every box on redsn0w except the cydia one.

6. Andrew83Ga thread starter macrumors regular

awesome guys. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I guess to be clearer I should say you aren't jailbreaking with redsn0w, just using it to stick cydia on the phone.