Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew83Ga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
I JB with GP earlier with no isssues. Of course, like everyone else, I don't have cydia. I know that there are apparently no issues with running both, but from just a logical standpoint (NOT a knowledgable stadpoint, as I dont know much), would it be easier on the phone to just wait instead of clogging the phone with both? Seems like their website can't be down toooo much longer right?

Andrew83Ga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Yeah I guess I will, but that was my question. It just seemed it would be 'cleaner' to download it through the loader when things clear up on greenpoisOn.com instead of having 2 sets of JB software. But again, I admit that I don't know much about this stuff, and if there's no advantage to waiting, I'll just use redsnOw. Thanks for the response.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
You aren't putting any jailbreak software on the phone by using redsn0w at this point. You are simply adding the cydia program to the phone. Make sure to uncheck every box on redsn0w except the cydia one.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
I guess to be clearer I should say you aren't jailbreaking with redsn0w, just using it to stick cydia on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.