wait for iMac 21.5" refresh or get new MBP 13" or 15"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AluminumMB, Apr 23, 2010.

1. AluminumMB macrumors regular

The 21.5" is great because it features an IPS panel with 1080P resolution + wireless keyboard and mouse. My fiance has one and its amazing. However, the new MBPs have a better GPU and I plan to do some light gaming on it, especially when Steam is out. The MBP 15" provides a much better CPU though and video card but at a cost thats $500 more than both options.

I will finance the laptop/desktop over a 1 year term. I just want to be productive and it will be primarily used for work and business use. I work in the IT industry and will also use it alot for reading eBooks and virtual machining.

Thanks
    Please advise

2. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

get a 13inch with a nice display (dell has some really nice ones and they are not expensive too)

3. trip1ex macrumors 68000

Someone should just write a program to answer these questions.

It all depends on what you want. A desktop or laptop. And how much you want to spend.

YOu can get a 21.5" iMac with a 4670 vid card in it for $1300 in the Apple refurb store or $100+ off from MacConnection, or MacMall or those places.

If you don't want portability you get more for your money with an iMac. More hd space, bigger screen, faster cpus & vid cards, etc.

4. AluminumMB thread starter macrumors regular

:apple: so the imac is better bang for buck? the gpu 9400m sucks tho

5. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Well if you wait for a refresh it will likely be much better.

When it comes down to iMac v. Macbook it is all whether you want portability or not. iMac is better/cheaper option for desktop.

6. AluminumMB thread starter macrumors regular

so when can we expect a refresh for the imac?

7. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

8. EasyJW macrumors member

new imacs won't be out for a while. get the 13 with a nice display as said above i say [​IMG]