Wait for iPhone 4 on launch day @ Walmart??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ixenn, Jun 20, 2010.

1. ixenn macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anybody has inside information on the inventory (if any) each Walmart will be getting? Maybe only select Walmart stores will be receiving iPhone4 as well.. Let me know!

2. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

according to another thread, one guy heard they will have 1. I'm not joking. It's somewhere around here.

3. ixenn thread starter macrumors newbie

So every store will have 1? I wonder when I have to start waiting then? The Walmart closest to me is 24hrs - so the benefit is not waiting outside...

4. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

I'm not sure about launch day but my local wal-mart told me they wouldnt do pre-order because they was not considered a real att store. So I dunno

5. Gigzz macrumors regular

If random people on the Internets are to be believed, big Walmarts will get less than 5. None of which will be anything but 16g versions. Smaller Walmarts(is there such a thing as a small Walmart?) are getting 1. In other words, trust no one.

6. ixenn thread starter macrumors newbie

I called Walmart and they guy straight up said he would not have any.. Also who needs 32 :p I only use 3gb on my 16gb 3G. Anybody have any other options to get a phone on launch day - other than waiting at an Apple Store.

7. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Well, with HD recording I'm guessing more people will need the additional storage.

As for Walmart, I would suggest going somewhere else, maybe Radio Shack seems to be the best bet. All other retailers I would assume are going to be very busy.

8. krnboy503 macrumors regular

For anyone thinking about camping out at your local Walmart or trying to get it on launch day, DON'T!

Just from my previous camping experiences (launch of PS3, Wii, Black Friday, etc), all of the Walmarts I went to did a stupid raffle for everyone that showed up (even ppl that came when the item was being released, making it not fair for ppl that camped out all night..). I would never tell anyone to go to a Walmart for a launch on ANY items...unless you are on the bad side of me :)

You guys should take the chance to go to a local AT&T store (they will have more in-stock compared to Walmart or Radio Shack) or drive to an Apple Store.

9. norwegian wood macrumors regular

if you do camp out at walmart please bring a camera so you can take more photos of the people who shop at walmart for the people of walmart website = )

10. ashVID macrumors regular

Actually, most outlets will have no clue on stock until they open the box. They have units "on order" but quantity they actually receive will not be known until they get them in. There might be some higher ups who are privy to more info but they are not going to tell you and they don't work on the floor of said stores.

ash =o)

11. norwegian wood macrumors regular

will love to see the managers face when he sees a line of people outside the night before waiting for the release and he opens the box and finds two 16gb i phone 4's. lol

12. mateen110 macrumors regular

I am sure stock will be very limited at walmart, but one? I don't think so