wait for iphone 7 or note 7? (TMOBILE)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LRXSE7EN, Oct 6, 2016.

1. LRXSE7EN macrumors member

Yes this is an Apple forum but just curious on people's thoughts, right now the Note 7 (T-Mobile Variant) is on back-order ALREADY after it went back on sale on wednesday. I just went back and forth with the reps and despite the estimated shipping dates shown as being on the 6th of October to the 11th, you won't actually be getting the device until the near end of NOVEMBER.

That being said, for you Samsung/Apple hybrid-fans, which device would you prefer waiting for? Being that they virtually have similar shipping times; I'd like to hear other people's opinion. I for one have no intention on waiting for anything; would rather go on an adventure if I knew there was one available in-store.

Mind you this information only applies to T-Mobile's variant. I'm not sure how many note 7's are available if they are to begin with for sprint att and verizon

2. Complex757 macrumors regular

Complex757

I'm returning my Note. My iPhone Plus should be here tomorrow. I was never big on Samsung and Touchwiz, and even though it's better it does some small things that annoy me. Coming from an iPhone it's probably enhanced. For example the fingerprint button annoys the heck out of me. It doesn't even work as good as my Galaxy Tab 2 from last year.

It has some nice features, some I'll probably end up missing and it's about preference.

3. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I use both on TMO (well returned the iPhone 7+ for a 6S+ ) and this can't be answered in a definitive manner. I like both iOS and Android, and the Note 7 has been flawless for me, with TouchWiz, Google launcher, Action launcher 3, and Nova Prime.

As for the iPhone, it does less than the Note 7.. but what it does, it does very well! For me, personally, if I had to pick and keep just one device...I'd go with the Note 7 as of today. A larger screen in a smaller form factor, S-Pen (Glance and Magnify feature is top notch!), fast wired/wireless charging, external card option, multi-screen apps, amazing camera are a few features I find superior to the iPhone 6S+/7+, and that screen on the Sammy!

The iPhone is def. more smooth, has great battery, music sounds better thru it, great resale value (if that's a consideration), and the 7+'s camera is almost as good as the Note 7.

In the end, they're both great devices, which is why I own both.

That's about it in a nutshell.

4. phoneme macrumors member

i just came from my local tmo store they had iphone7 in stock but i wanted the note7 so i had to order it. if you must have your new phone in a couple days then your chances are better with the iphone. atleast in my area.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Given the incident on the Southwest flight yesterday supposedly involving a "replacement" Note 7, I think it would be prudent to wait before getting the Note 7. Place an order if you want it, but be prepared not to pick it up if it turns out there will need to be another recall.

6. phoneme macrumors member

it's all good with me. pretty much no matter what phone you buy today has that risk. whats next you not going to drive your car with the fear of someone hitting you. live life without the "what if's" and you will be living a much fuller life JMHO.