Wait for Macbook update or go Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by afroMouse, Apr 23, 2010.

1. afroMouse macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've recently developed the strong desire to play with a Mac.

So I've decided that I would really like a Macbook to use for school and for just general fiddling with OS X.

I wouldn't be using it for anything heavy duty... just internet, email, word processing... other school-ish things.

Dunno why, but I love the way the Macbook looks over the Pro.. plus its a lil cheaper.

Just wondering if you more experienced apple consumers think it would be best to wait for the next Macbook update (that I hear is coming sometime soon-ish?) or just go with the Pro.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Hey,welcome to the Mac family.
    If your just wanting to start learning OSX then the MacBook will be just fine. And for word processing get iWork with your MB, I know it's $50 more on your price tag but pages and keynote are some of the greatest apps apple have made. I use pages daily, and keynote weekly. And I have office 08 as well but never use it. :)
    The MBP is a great system, but if your just getting into Mac get the MB, it's better than starting a 867Mhz G4, which is what I started on a year ago. :)

Message me if you have any questions about OSX.

:)

Oh also,there won't be a MB update anytime soon as the latest one was released only last Oct. :)