Wait for MBP13" B2S Sale or no?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chiuy, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Chiuy macrumors 6502

Dang rumors flying everywhere saying that there might be Back to School sale the first week of June or last week of May. Then they say they'll announce it during WWDC, nothing yet. Now, I'm hearing rumors they might announce it this Tuesday or Wednesday. Could it be another fake rumor? They might not even have it this year.

But... let's pretend that they "do" announce it this Tuesday or Wednesday, but will the back to school sale go into affect? Cause we just applied a credit card that has financial and we need to make a purchase within one month or we won't have financial payment.

So yeah... should I even bother waiting?

2. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

back to school sale usually starts when... well, when people go back to school (i.e. August-September)

BTW, if you're a student, you can always use the education discount to knock $100-150 off

3. jason221 macrumors 6502

Not true. Every single year for the past 5 years, the Back to School sale (get a free iPod touch) has started in late May or early June. That's why people thought it would be the same this year, and it is a possibility that it will start this Tuesday. No one knows for sure.

Besides, the whole point of the free iPod touch deal is to clear out their remaining stock so they can sell the new one. Why would they do it in August/September and only give customers a couple weeks before the new models are released?

4. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

There are quarter school that starts as early as late July to start school.

5. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Really? I never actually paid attention to the "back to school" sale, but I noticed that Apple always sent me an email about it in August, so that's why I thought it generally started in August. I guess I stand corrected on this one :D

6. cyc94 macrumors newbie

LOL me too; i've been waiting for this sale since like early April! Then these hypothetical start days have failed like 3 weeks in a row, so I ended up just buying it last week! Im still hoping they announce the sale this week so I can get in on the rebate though. And if they stll dont by the next week I dont know what im going to do! Return it? Haha

7. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Will they let you return it? Or ask for a free iPod touch if they announce it within like 2 weeks after purchasing it?
    Otherwise... they can either givemme a free iPod Touch, or I can return the MacBook Pro since they have no restock fee and has go to back to manufacturer and lose profit, etc. etc. xD
    lol. but idk... I'm really tempted to buy it like now...

8. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Finally! Front page of MacRumors!
    Maaybe this time it'll come true. lol.

9. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Hope so. I couldn't wait so i ended up getting my MBP a couple weeks ago.

10. flipshot macrumors 6502a

They have started it as late as September in the UK before, everyone thought it wasn't happening in the UK that year but it eventually did in September. It went ahead in the US in its normal time of June still.

11. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

If you are going to buy a 13 inch mbp... why not just get it at microcenter for 999????

12. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

B2S sale starts at the beginning of summer for all of the people buying their grads gifts and getting ready for the next school year.

OP, I would personally wait until wednesday if you want to get a free iPod touch, it's only a few days at this point. If there is no B2S sale by wednesday, buy your computer.

On the other hand if you don't really care about the iPod, just buy it today, you can always get the Education Discount even when the B2S promo isn't going on.

13. ShootingStars macrumors member

Many people sell their free iPod, so it's a further discount for them :)

14. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

yeah but the flood of ipods that hit the market at this time drive the prices down considerably and also make it harder to sell. I'm just saying, if the OP isn't interested in the iPod, buy the mbp now. Some people would prefer to use their computer for a period of time rather than get back $$$ by selling their iPod, which seems to be what the OP is leaning towards.

15. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

do the B2S and keep the ipod. its the smartest/safest choice :)

16. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll just wait until Wed Roswell if the rumor is true. After that, I'm done. I'll buy the MBP.

17. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

You've got a couple of week's grace when you purchase the Mac to take it back and get the EDU and BTS benefits. Pull the trigger Wednesday. A free iPod is always a good thing!

18. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

So I can get it now and if B2S sale start on Wednesday, I can ask for a free iPod Touch?

19. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I would wait until Wednesday just so that you don't have to try to argue with anyone to get you free ipod. If they don't start it Wednesday buy your MBP, atleast you tried.

20. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

True, but there's always that 14 days return no-stocking fee.
    They try arguing with me, I can just return it, then they have to refurbish it, lose money, then I can go to the next Apple Store and buy it.
    It's a bit cruel... but hey, it's the business world and it's actually quite unfair.

21. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

You are right but I know I wouldn't want to get everything exactly how I want it on my MBP just to return it. haha maybe you have more patience than me, but I know my first few days consisted of a lot of file transferring and changing options in most applications. It is up to you but I would just wait 3 more days.

22. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I dont really need any file transfer since I always use a portable HD that stores all my pictures and movies. Other than that... I don't have any important big essay or projects that I have.
    Only thing I just need to install is probably all the Adobe software, Microsoft, and some few others, which only takes less than 2 hours or so.

We shall see... I can wait 3 more days, that just means 3 extra more days for them to call B2S Sale or not. haha.