Wait for new Apple LED Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cagle, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Cagle macrumors regular

forgive me if this has been discussed before and you're not able to see into the future, but when do you think Apple are going to update their displays? I'm itching to buy a refurbished 24" but fear they will announce newer versions the day after.

oh and what is the likelihood of the 20" model coming back? It would be nice if apple offered a solution for mac mini owners who aren't loaded

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

3. Cagle thread starter macrumors regular

I just love the look and the quality is supposed to be high too but if you know of something else thats not ugly and performs well, please let me know

4. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

I doubt there will be a new 24" any time soon, it does the job it is intended for and there isn't anything they can really replace it with. It's seems unlikely there will be a replacement for the 20" either as the panel quality is different below 24".

Dell displays (2209WA, U2410, U2711 and 3007WFP-HC or 3008WFP) and are the best value quality displays, mostly because of the deals you can get. HP have some equivalent models. NEC have better quality displays, but the different in quality may be meaningless to you.

HP are going to release the HP ZR24w shortly which has LED back lighting and is an IPS panel (the type you want in a quality display). It should be $400-$600.

5. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I think they have another 15 years before its due for an update :D

6. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

It's hard to say with monitors, I have 2 Apple 24" LED LCD's. The last one I bought a few weeks ago because I was tired of waiting. Apple still has the outdated 30" Cinema Display, look how long that has been around. If anyone else has LED LCD monitors with the same quality I'd surely consider.

7. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

There's really no point in waiting. Pick up a refurb for $599 and enjoy it.

The original 20"/23"/30" ACD's launched in March 2004 and got a minor update 2 years later. It look four years for the 23" ACD to get a notable refresh and the 30" is still going strong.