Wait for new iLife and iWork or buy a box set?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gusious, Aug 31, 2009.

1. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

So,there're only four months left to finish 2009 and next year new ilife and iwork will come out. I don't have the 09 versions so i thought to buy a box set with snow leopard. But is it worth it?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would doubt that they would box the newest versions of iLife and iWork together with Snow Leopard. Although I suppose because of the Tiger EULA restrictions there might be some room. At any rate, I would buy now, just probably not the box set. There is no guarantee that there will be an updated to iLife and/or iWork.

3. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

I was counting on the fact that they are (both) updated every year... That's why i'm skeptical.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I'd probably wait. I mean, the Box Set is a good deal, but I'm assuming iLife & iWork will be updated in the next 4-5 months. Maybe just get Snow Leopard, and upgrade iLife later (and then iWork will be optional).

5. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

If you need one of them now, then buy now. If you can wait, then wait.

6. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Why the hell not? If they do bring out new versions (which is pretty likely), they'll switch the ilife and iwork for '10 versions.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

People forget that while most the time we have seen an iWork/iLife update, it's not guaranteed (see iWork/iLife 07.) I would simply wait and see, that assumes hope there is a new one.

8. After G macrumors 68000

After G

There's always something around the corner. If you waited until January, and there was no update, you would ask yourself, "Should I buy because it's still current or wait because there might be an update since I waited four months for one." JFreak's advice is the best any of us can do without knowing Apple's update schedule.

9. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

I don't really need the box set (at the moment) but it's a great offer. I get to save some money than buying everything separately. But if i buy it now, i would have to buy (at least iLife) again which is gonna cost me more. Of course i'm not willing to wait until January to buy Snow leopard.... Too confused... That's why i'm asking your opinions.

But thanks for anyone who replied.:)