Wait for new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mr West, Mar 13, 2017.

  1. Mr West macrumors member

    Mr West

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2012
    #1
    So I just bought an iPad Air 2 and less than 24 hours later, I'm reading a new iPad might drop next week.
    Will this be a "better product for same price as previous generation"-scenario? Oh should I keep the Air 2?

    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

    Relentless Power

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2016
    #2
    Nothing has been confirmed yet. But the iPad rumors have been servicing for quite some time that we will see a revamp within the next two weeks. So yes, there is a high likeliness that a new iPad is coming.
     
  3. Mr West thread starter macrumors member

    Mr West

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2012
    #3
    Thank you for your reply. Although I'm also rather certain a new iPad will drop, I'm wondering if it will be around the same price as the current Air 2? I know they did this with iPods in the past, but will they also do so for iPads.
    So basically my question is: will I be able to buy a better iPad for the same price?
     
  4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

    Relentless Power

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2016
    #4
    There's no way of knowing that. Because we don't know what the new iPad will offer terms of pricing/features and availability. You could certainly return your iPad Air 2, wait for the keynote and determine if you're going to purchase a new iPad based on if the rumors are even accurate to begin with. We don't even know if Apple is going to release a new iPad. Again it's all speculation at this point.
     
  5. Mr West thread starter macrumors member

    Mr West

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2012
  6. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

    Jnesbitt82

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Location:
    Ohio
    #6
    At the very least, if a new iPad line is introduced within the next few weeks, you can bet that the prices for the air 2 models will decrease. Keep in mind that the air 2 wasn't the latest generation iPad. That would be the iPad Pro. The air 2 came out in October 2014.
     
  7. snow755 macrumors 6502a

    snow755

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2012
    #7

    I have the Air 2 my self I am planing on keeping it has a back up and upgrade too the newer iPads when they are released I got tried of waiting
     
  8. rui no onna macrumors 601

    rui no onna

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2013
    #8
    It all depends on what price you paid for your Air 2 and how soon you need an iPad.

    If it's $399/32GB or $499/128GB you might be better off returning it and waiting to see what's announced during the keynote.

    If it's $299/32GB or $399/128GB then I highly doubt we'd see discounts like that immediately if new models are released and I'd be more inclined to keep the Air 2.
     
  9. Mr West thread starter macrumors member

    Mr West

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2012
    #9
    Got a 128GB for $500. I have exactly one month left to return it.
    However I will go abroad at the beginning of April and would like to take an iPad with me.

    Hope the new information about prices and specs will come asap.
     
  10. Keenanryan14 macrumors member

    Keenanryan14

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2017
    Location:
    Halifax Canada
    #10
    Looks like they will be out next week
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2017 ---
    Looks like they will be out next week
     

    Attached Files:

  11. ericwn macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2016
    #11
    No, you should read again. As somebody told you already in another thread, this comment is from the customer, not Apple.
     
  12. DNichter macrumors 68040

    DNichter

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2015
    Location:
    Philadelphia, PA
    #12
    I'd return it and see what happens in the next couple weeks. Air 2 works yes, but pretty dated. And for $500, you can do better.
     
  13. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    #13
    LOL, your beliefs, based solely off that chat, are laughable. The online chat agents have no knowledge whatsoever on when a new item will be released.
     
  14. gobikerider macrumors 68000

    gobikerider

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2016
    Location:
    United States
    #14
    Idk but even if a new iPad started at $599 it'll be way better than the Air 2. I'd be returning the Air 2 and waiting for the new ones before you make any desicions on purchasing.
     
  15. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

    tom vilsack

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2010
    Location:
    ladner cdn
    #15
    I would take it back. There's a very good chance there will be a 9.7" (non pro) with a A9X very soon.
     
  16. JarScott macrumors 601

    JarScott

    Joined:
    May 19, 2011
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #16
    Just take it back. I'd say. It was a bad time to buy an iPad Air 2. You can check MacRumors' Buyer's Guide to see if it's wise to buy a certain Apple product.
     
  17. Rangers30 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    #17
    Best Buy has the iPad pro 9.7 with 128g for 600. Sorely tempted at this point.
     
  18. sracer macrumors 603

    sracer

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    Location:
    Land of Bongos and Beatniks
    #18
    Not bad but it is "only" $100 off. I've been spoiled by their $150 off sales. :)
     
  19. Rangers30 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    #19
    Well that's why I'm only tempted :)
    Still holding out for a bit more even though the awful wifi on my current tablet makes me want to chuck it at a wall.
     
  20. jquest68 macrumors member

    jquest68

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2016
    Location:
    Georgia
    #20
    I want to buy the iPad pro, but don't know if its worth buying now or wait 6-8months for possible new ones. I have the iPad Air 2, and I would sell it and use the money to buy an iPad Pro. If a new one does come out, I mean, how different will it be to the one thats out now?
     

Share This Page