Wait for new iPhone or?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JavaWizKid, May 14, 2009.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

What should I do? My dad has got an amazing contract deal for the Nokia 5800 for £20 a month for unlimited texts, 600 minutes and unlimited internet. Should I use that or wait for the new iPhone which will hopefully be released at WWDC 09?

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Wow... I'm amazed that nobody has ever brought this topic up before. This is the first thread I've ever seen about someone asking if they should wait for the new iPhone.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Be patient.
    I bought a 3g almost a month ago.
    Then I regretted it.
    I returned it maybe half a week ago. Paid my restocking fee and got my upgrade back. The battery frustrated me and i kicked myself in the butt for not waiting. Now I'll wait to see what come from Apple and Ill make my decision then. If this new model isnt that great, or worth the price, ill get a 3g, and chances are, it will be even lower in price.

4. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha very funny. I'm comparing the iPhone to the Nokia 5800 with unlimited internet etc and wondering which I should go with? The iPhone does have a much superior web browser and app store so.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who knows more about unnecessary threads than TehSpaz? ;)

6. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

7. actorkid macrumors 6502

no one can answer this except you...

thats a pretty good deal with the nokia

so basically it comes down to:

is having a phone that has a better browser worth the extra 45 euro a month?

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

You do realize that the battery indicator isn't calibrated right out of the box right? The battery appears like it sucks at first, but it isn't too bad after you calibrate the indicator. I hope you knew that.... or you just got a defective iPhone 3G.

9. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

If I had gotten a penny for every thread like this, I'd be a billionaire by now :rolleyes:

10. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Well, I had it for 3 weeks or so, and returned it in the 30 days return window. I'm not sure honestly what you mean though by "calibrate the indicator." Do you mean after using it for a while it adjusts? The battery wasnt my only concern. It was mostly realizing "Oh crap, if some awesome new iPhone model comes out this summer with a bettery battery, and some incredible features, I'm stuck in this new contract for 2 years. :("

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I understand. I wouldn't buy an iPhone this late now. To calibrate the battery level indicator though, you just have to run the battery down to 0% and charge it back up with the wall charger to 100%. Then the battery will drain slower from then on.

12. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Oh, well, yeah, almost all electronics that run on batteries are like this. Yeah, I tried that. It seemed like from 100% to maybe 80% my bar didnt even move, then after maybe 2 hours of use that sucker just drained and drained. And my backlight brightness was at like 40% :eek: I couldnt get through half a day at work. I had 2 chargers, one at home, and a cable hooked to my computer at work.

13. The Governor macrumors regular

I don't know about calibrating the battery idea anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still do it to all my electronics, but it seems like more and more I read articles that say it isn't necessary anymore.