Wait for new iPhone???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zebraman, Mar 30, 2008.

1. zebraman macrumors member

I got an iPhone for christmas. Got it stolen in February :( . I still have the 1st Gen 2GB nano and its gettings super full so I need a new player. Now the thing is im 15 and im kinda tight on money so it would be better if i bought a new nano but i really miss the iphone. my questions are.. When are the next iPod revisions? and when the new iphone is released will it mantain the 400 price? and any light on capacities after revision?

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I would personally wait on the iPhone. There seem to a lot of rumors swirling that a new model will come out in June. Create some smart playlist to randomize the songs on your nano and keep it fresh. That should hold you over until June.

3. zebraman thread starter macrumors member

Yea the new iPhone seems like its gonna be awesome. But i wont be able to get it if they jack up the prices back to 600

4. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Do you live in a rough area? I would be careful investing that much in another iPhone if it got stolen within a couple months the first time. Maybe buy a refurb, or get homeowners/renters insurance to feel a little safer.

If you go the insurance route, I would wait for the 3G version of the iPhone. It will be worth it.

5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

unlike a computer you don't need a phone immediately. i would hang on to my old phone till the new iphone is there AND a price drop happened AND the reviews are good.

after all the iphone is just an expensive toy for most. 3-5 month waiting for a new toy isn't that bad.

of course if your current contract ends and your current phone absolutely doesn't work anymore than i would buy now. don't know what the situation is with your contract after the stolen phone.