Wait for new pro release or purchase current macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by promac7, Sep 21, 2014.

  1. promac7 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2014
    #1
    Hi there,

    I'm literally fighting the urge to purhcase a macbook pro 13" for $1299 or possibly even the $1499. However I'm quite worried about regretting not waiting for the new Broadwell macbook pros (next generation).

    I've scoured the internet for news and reports and found a few answers. But I'm hoping one of you geniuses could possibly answer a few questions (speculations):

    1) Is it worth waiting? Will they be significantly better?

    2) Will they most likely release the next gens in Q1-2015 or possibly later?

    3) Is there a chance they will also start at $1299.

    I'd really like opinions.

    Please help and much appreciated.
     
  2. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 28, 2010
    #2
    1) If only graphics-wise. Probably an extra hour or two on top of the already insane battery life as well.
    2) I'd bet on an April/May-ish release. My guess is as good as yours though.
    3) Most likely.
     
  3. theBostonian Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    #3
    I'd wait if I were you, they'll likely include the newest nVidia Maxwell architecture, greater power at lower energy draw.

    They may also be cheaper, they've reduced the price before.
     
  4. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 28, 2010
    #4
    Not in the 13"
     
  5. promac7 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2014
    #5
    What are the odds of them having the same intel iris graphics card for the 13" Mbp. Any speculations on how much better the graphic card would be?

    FINAL questions (please bare with me)
    Is there going to be a late-2014 13"MBP with refreshed specs?

    Still undecided but thanks for the replies. I'll check back for some more opinions.
     
  6. ABC5S Suspended

    ABC5S

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2013
    Location:
    Florida
    #6

    My guess..

    Maybe the intel iris pro might be offered. GPU card will be only 15 incher ...

    Late 2014 refresh...Na, not a chance. Sometime in early 2015
     
  7. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

    Sirmausalot

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2007
    #7
    Now. Minimum 6 months before the next update. The machine you get now will be plenty powerful enough and the battery life will depend on your use, but in general will be fine. You won't kick yourself when the next one comes out.
     
  8. colshine macrumors regular

    colshine

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2011
    Location:
    UK
    #8
    I needed to replace my current MBP (hardware issue) so I ordered a new rMBP. If I did not need to replace my current laptop then I would have waited.

    If you need a new laptop today, there is no point in waiting, buy one today as there will always be something better coming out in the future.
     

Share This Page