Wait for next iPhone or buy now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CelticDaddio, Sep 26, 2007.

1. CelticDaddio macrumors newbie

My cell phone contract is due to expire Early next year. Are there any new iphone models scheduled to be released between now and then? Or should I go ahead and jump in and get one now?

Ed

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Wait until your contract expires, since you wouldn't be using it before then, and there could be an update, there aren't any rumors currently, but the price drop didn't have any warning when it came either.

3. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Apple never announces new models. Jobs did mention a 3g version may be in the works. If you can live with your present phone, then wait. Personally, I bought mine the first night and will upgrade to the next model as soon as it comes out. It's not just a phone, so if you love your iPod and use Mac OSX for your contacts and calendars, bookmarks on Safari, etc. then I would say get it now.

4. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Besides maybe one with more storage I doubt there would be anything newer as hardware for a while.
    But you never know, if you sit there and keep waiting for a new model you'll never get anything.
    Theres newer and better stuff comming out all the time, you cant always keep up and have the latest of everything.

5. CelticDaddio thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I sync the iPhone on *gulp* Windows? Or Linux?

Can I sync the iPhone on *gulp* Windows? Or Linux?

CD

6. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

This is true with most products apple release, but it is different in the mobile phone market, the product has to pass through fcc to get approval for launch, and when this happens details get leaked very early on.

This is why Steve Jobs launched the iPhone months before public release so people heard about it from apple rather than a leak from fcc.

If an iPhone v2 does come out I expect that we will again hear about it months before it is available for sale from apple, then the wait will begin again!!

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Sure, you can sync it on Windows. Not sure about Linux, though.

8. projectle macrumors 6502

You CAN use it on linux, through WINE, however it is far from the greatest experience around town.