Wait for refurb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by basketcasey, Nov 4, 2008.

  1. basketcasey macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2008
    #1
    Hey all,

    I'm a young graphic designer and don't have the $ for a new 17-in Pro. My colleague says I should wait for a refurb of the new model, but I don't have any concept of how long that would take or how I'd go about making sure I got one as soon as they started coming out. Can anyone help me or suggest any other advice?
     
  2. Crash1234 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2008
    #2
    As far as I know there is no "new model" for the 17inch. Only the 15inch was updated recently and the 17 might be seeing the same upgrades in Jan 09. If you're happy with the 17inch model that you're seeing on the apple site now then just buy the refurb now.
     
  3. iwanttogarden macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    #3
    ditto with what Crash said. Since the 17" didn't get a 'real' upgrade, the refurbs/clearance ones are still expensive.

    The refurbs/clearance 15" though... There are some nice deals on those. (I could buy a clearance 15" MBP and a clearance MB for the same price as a new unibody MBP... tempting).
     
  4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #4
    That would be my advice, also. Refurbs are an excellent way to go re Apple products. They are usually individually tested and tried, are brand new, come with Apple's warranty and a generous discount. If funds are an issue, that is the route to take.

    Cheers and good luck
     

Share This Page