Wait for RMBP refresh.... or

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clipsedsm95, Aug 5, 2013.

  1. clipsedsm95 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2012
    Location:
    New York
    #1
    Hey guys i've been going crazy waiting for the haswell RMBP 15 to come out already but it is just taking too long. I need suggestions I will list options and my needs give me some recommendations guys thank.

    [Option 1] Have only 1 Computer, Wait for new RMBP (Customized) options I would choose would be 2nd choice in CPU speed. 16GB RAM, Highest Dedicated Graphics and 256GB SSD. which would be roughly around ($2500)

    [Option 2] Have 2 Separate Computers, Buy i7 1.7/3.3 Haswell Macbook air 8GB RAM 256GB SSD ($1479) & X51 R2 AlienWare i7 Quad Core 3.9 Haswell, 16GB RAM, 1TB 7200, GeForce GTX 670 2GB VRAM ($1398) Total about ($2877)

    I use it for a lot of photography editing and RAW file rendering. I use Light-
    Room and Photoshop. I do use iMovie but not enough for it to matter I do play Games such as WOW here and there but my goal is smooth LightRoom editing.

    Please feel free to put down suggestions or any changes you believe I should do to my Choices thank you!
     
  2. quasar~ macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    #2
    For option two, do you already have a moniter? Honestly I think it'd be better if you built your own computer instead of buying an Alienware.
     
  3. clipsedsm95 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2012
    Location:
    New York
    #3
    Yes I own dual monitors. 24" LED Each and the only reason im going for this AlienWare because its very compact and has great power but as a former windows guys yea it would be sweet to have all that power in that price but the OS is just scary to get back into I feel like the LightRoom experience will be I don't know just different I guess...
     
  4. throAU macrumors 601

    throAU

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2012
    Location:
    Perth, Western Australia
    #4
    #firstworldproblems....


    When the rMBP comes out, you do realise that everybody else will be eagerly awaiting some other new shiny, right?

    If you think haswell is good, just wait for broad well (what I'm planning on holding out for), etc.



    If you need a machine now, buy now.

    If you don't need a machine now, wait.

    I don't think you need 2 machines in either case though personally... I'd stick with the single rMBP - whilst 2 machines is handy sometimes, the data you need is always on the OTHER machine...
     
  5. clipsedsm95 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2012
    Location:
    New York
    #5

    I will be waiting for Haswel purely for battery life and yea just thinking about going back to windows jus makes me shiver lol ill stick to a RMBP :)
     

Share This Page