Wait for SDK release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by monkeymac, Feb 21, 2008.

1. monkeymac macrumors newbie

I just decided last night that i will buy an iPhone! I keep reading about the SDK updates that are due this month - I admit I really do not understand it. Should I just buy my iPhone now or wait for the update? Thanks in advance!

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

They just released upgraded iPhones (16GB) so I doubt they'll release another update by next Tuesday.

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The SDK is a set of tools for program developers.

Buy the phone.

4. wizard macrumors 68040

Go for it!!
    The SDK is for developers, that is people who want to program the iPhone to do unique things. If you do not understand it then it is safe to say you are not a developer. So this specifically doesn't concern you or your purchase.

However there is rumors / hopes that a new software update for the iPhone will come out at the same time as the SDK. This isn't really a concern for you either as these are free. Many are hoping for a major update tat clears up OS and app issues on the platform. Many of these are not of a concern to the average user.
    Well if you have already decided it meets your needs then go for it. Personally I'm waiting because I want to see what the platform will look like for the development community. At the same time I'm hoping that the OS and its Bluetooth stack gets cleaned up.

Best of luck with yor new phone.

dave