Wait for the MBP update or not? I'm driving myself insane!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by beccibeans, Mar 18, 2010.

  1. beccibeans macrumors newbie

    beccibeans

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2010
    #1
    I've been waiting since december but it feels like a lifetime.
    Part of me just wants to go out and buy it right now. But then when I start reading all the rumors I get nervous.
    I just know I'll be kicking myself if they release the new one the week after I buy mine.

    KEEP ME SANE! HELP ME! TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!
     
  2. solid0mike macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2010
    #2
    If you REALLY want one now, then go out and buy it. No one is stopping you. But if I were you, if you can afford to wait or not really needing a mbp then wait.
     
  3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

    iBookG4user

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #3
    If your current computer still works, keep it and wait until the update. If you can't wait, go and buy a MacBook Pro now and know that you got to enjoy it until the new models came out. My current MacBook Pro is over two years old now and it still works fine, if you buy a new one now it will still work after the new ones come out.
     
  4. Dpiano macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    #4
    I'm waiting

    i think the best thing to do is not think about it, i want it this year! Thats my decision. i would never get the current model with all this info about the new release.

    Think about the price on upgrading the current MBP

    250G to 500G HD

    4G Ram to 8G Ram

    now think just mybe you'll get all that for the same price tag with a new MBP. :)

    Even if i am completly wrong, wy not wait to see?
     
  5. mr miyagi macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2007
    #5
    i want one too though, but then i think my mac mini is doing fine as it is. but then i want a mbp that i can use while i am in bed lol. so i dunno :S i am just going to keep waiting, and if one comes out and i have the money i will go for it then.

    or what i will do is just wait till my mac mini dies on me if it does then get one.
     
  6. keypox macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2008
    #6
    Im really glad it hasnt come out. I prob would have bought one, now I def will not. :) Saved at least $1000

    Would be huge mistake to buy now.
     
  7. movieboy23 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    #7
    Don't buy now. New MBPs traditionally come out around mid-late April, so it's best to hold off for a month or so if you can.
     
  8. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

    pukifloyd

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Location:
    Scottsdale
    #8
    if you have been waiting for so many months and buy one now then it would all be wasted...

    be patient...i am waiting for one too :)
    i really hope it comes out before may...
     
  9. nigameash macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2008
    Location:
    Space: The Final Frontier
    #9
    If you've been waiting for a while, no harm in waiting a little more ;) The news ones should be out SOMETIME soon :p
     
  10. bunit macrumors regular

    bunit

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2007
    Location:
    Westerly RI
    #10
    I got tired of waiting like you. I just got my new Macbook Pro delivered yesterday and love it!:apple:
     

Share This Page