Wait for the new macbook or buy a macbook air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hunsor, Jul 30, 2012.

  1. hunsor macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    #1
    My sister needs to get a macbook but doesn't know if she should wait on the rumor of one coming out in october or just the 13 inch macbook air now. What would you guys recommend
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    Apple just updated the MBA and that being the case, they're not going refresh the MBA line so soon after this update.

    Go and buy the MBA, if you need it now
     
  3. tigert07 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    #3
    the resolution on the 13 inch macbook air is pretty good. the macbook rumored to come out in october will have a retina display. honestly, what will she be using it for? I use my air for college and its perfect. I was debating between this and a 15-inch macbook pro, I went with this. Not only because it's cheaper, but is so much lighter and an overall smaller product. Perfect for taking to classes and going around with. The decision is up to you, I'm just telling you from experience.
     
  4. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2010
    #4
    A retina macbook air would cost about $200-300 more than the current macbook air.
     

Share This Page