wait in line without pre ordering/in store pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by firefighterk, Sep 17, 2014.

1. firefighterk macrumors member

hi everyone

i just asked apple on their chat off their website and i figured i would ask here. in the past i have waited in line with many others and recieved a phone. This year they are doing pre order in store pickup...have they done this in the past and does this mean if i didnt pre order one i cant wait inline.

2. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

My local VZW stores open at 8:00am on Friday. I know there will be a line...but I have to work. I haven't preordered on purpose yet just to see if I can pick up a stray iPhone 6+ after the craziness is over, maybe around 10:00am or so.

If I can't get one then...I'm pretty sure I'll order in store.

3. Whtchdr macrumors regular

There will be two separate lines at each Apple Store. One for preorders and one for those who didn't.

4. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

That's me as well. Thankfully, i don't have to work until later in the day, so i'm heading to the store to see what happens.

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have never done this before, but for some reason I am thinking about doing this. I typically get up at 5 anyway, So I am going to grab a quick bite to eat and head over to my local Verizon store Friday morning.

That wife thinks I am crazy, but she said go for it.

6. mojito macrumors member

If you're in a rather large city then be prepared to see quite the line. If it's a little smaller of a city/area then you might not see something too outrageous at 5-6ish. I feel like 6am for smaller cities is when the line will really start to pick up.

7. TerpCJ macrumors newbie

In-store supplies after launch day?

Hello!

I pre-ordered a 6Plus from Apple, but it is backordered until mid-October. I can't go to the Friday AM launch because of work - and wonder if stores will be getting stock delivered for Saturday morning? What happened last year with the 5s?

I know they have the new reservation system for lining up on launch day - but what happens after that?

8. kokorolove macrumors newbie

My friend is going to get the iphone 6 silver 64GB...I dont know if she can get it on friday night =(

9. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

It has a population of 30k not sure if that is small or not (I know it's not large).

10. erikjc macrumors member

It's small.

11. mojito macrumors member

Yeah that's quite small. I can't imagine your line will be that extensive. Depends on when you plan to show up to get in line, but I doubt you'd need to get there the night before or anything like that if you want to be close to the front of the line.

12. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Thanks, I get up at 5 anyway, so I am going to run over there at that time. Just found out that i have a woork meeting at 8:30 though. The store opens at 7, so I still maybe can make it.... :eek: