Wait, MacAddict is gone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Papajohn56, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Papajohn56 macrumors 6502

What have these Web 2.0 obsessed hipsters done? I didn't realize it changed. Now they're just perpetuating the stereotype of Apple hipsters..I wish it had stayed as MacAddict, and it had attitude and was funny. Ugh. :mad: :apple:

2. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Mac | Life isn't too bad. In fact, I think it is head and shoulders above macworld...

3. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Really? I thought MacAddict was way too cocky for its own good.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

was a magazine. got bought out i think?

now called Mac | Life

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Replaced with Mac|Life- which I believe carries on the tradition of MacAddict, albeit just in a new style. :) :apple:

6. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Meh...hadn't read it in years.

Back when it started (OS9), I used loved the magazine. I think I've still got a few years stashed away in my basement somewhere. Great articles, the CD's were extremely useful, and it was fun. After about 5 years, it took an editorial turn I did not care for. The magazine changed. I felt it became mean-spirited and condescending. It tried too hard to be funny, and more often than not, just fell flat.

I've since switched to MacWorld, but rarely read it anymore. About the only thing I use it for anymore is reviews and in-depth coverage of new systems.