wait... no one more thing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adam9c1, Jun 5, 2017.

1. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

wait...
    No one more thing?

Nothing on iPhones?
    whoa

2. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

You must be new to this.....iphone is it's own event.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

HomePod was the "one more thing"

iPhones weren't expected. That's in the Fall, like it's been since the 4S.

4. adam9c1 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam9c1

I wasn't expecting full blown iPhone, but some subtle hints like they did with the Mac Pro...

5. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Like they did with the iMac Pro and HomePod speaker? Why do people even expect iPhones at this event when it's actually a software event. There's always a reason to complain huh.

6. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

They stopped saying that phrase when Jobs passed away. I could be wrong, but Cook has never said that exact phrase...always something close or just nothing at all.

7. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

8. AppleComputer macrumors member

AppleComputer

not really a shock, the only reason the idea iPhone would get a release today was the 10 year thing...wwdc not the platform for iPhone anymore

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's not really how they do it with the iPhone.

10. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Cook said it at the 2014 Keynote, near the end of the iPhone 6 portion. He said "One more thing..." (complete with the slide) and introduced the Watch.

11. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

I'm kind of glad apple is no longer doing the whole "one more thing..."

That was really a Steve moment where he was allowed to shine, and I just don't think Cook and co. can pull that type of enthusiasm off.

12. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I know I am probably in the extreme minority but I was hoping for a new iPod Touch. Alas, not to happen.

13. Mi1lion macrumors member

Mi1lion

I wasn't expecting an iPhone. I thought everyone was on the same page with this...

14. macduke Suspended

macduke

Apple has literally never done this with the iPhone, save for the announcement of the original. Why would you expect that to change now? They pre-announce products sometimes. This is especially true for Pro users, who drop many thousands of dollars per machine and will often upgrade a whole studio at a time. Those are low-volume machines. With the "hints", it wasn't a hint, they called in a select group from the media and, paraphrasing the entire conversation: "We're going to be making a modular Mac Pro next year because we messed up with the design of the original and waited too long to change course but still want our pro users to know that we're committed to upgrading their hardware." They haven't messed up with the iPhone or anything, so there's no reason to expect it. They pre-announce more Pro products because they're not mass-market and therefore Apple isn't really hurt in the short-term by people waiting for the new device.

15. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Cook has said it to introduce the Apple Watch at the 2014 iPhone event, and at WWDC 2015 to introduce Apple Music.

[​IMG]