Wait on a new macbook???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by carson44, Jun 29, 2008.

1. carson44 macrumors member

Hey, I have just saved up enough money for a macbook. I have recently heard that they are suppost to be upgarded soon or what not. Would it be best to go ahead and buy one or wait for a new one in a month or two:confused::confused:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if it was me i would wait for the supposed aluminium update that has been ciculating the forums in recent months.

but if you really need it now and have the money go for it! MacBooks are really great machines and have pretty much the same power as the MacBook Pros except for a dedicated graphics chip and the bigger screen, better speakers, aluminium casing etc.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

4. MacFanatic08 macrumors member

Get the current model now. White looks much better than aluminum.

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I disagree... :p

6. GeekyTiki macrumors newbie

Well I just wish that the plastic was sturdier. My computer has several cracks, and not from dropping, so I would take aluminum over plastic.

7. MacFanatic08 macrumors member

Well, a white macbook looks beautiful. Now one thing that I would absolutely abhor would be a white MacBook Pro... But, Apple has always had a white notebook, and it would be sad for them to quit producing white notebooks, they look so nice... lol. :eek:

8. Jman14 macrumors 6502

serousily there are over like 10 threads on this just look there

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

If they make aluminum MBs, new MB owners will face an unpleasant introduction to the chronic warping/denting/heating/blacking/bulging problems that plague the MBPs. Should be fun.

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

^ warping is due to aluminium bending sometimes due to heat, the lid sometimes bends to one side because of uneven latches and any significant warping should be replaced under Apple Care. denting is the users fault and if a new MBP is purchased with dents it should be replaced stat. a noticeable increase in heat compared to MacBooks is cased by aluminium being a conductor and plastic being an insulator.

… blacking? bulging?

11. kabunaru Guest

12. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The screen apparently has this penchant for going black for no reason:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=11204717

And the cases tend to bulge due to the heat of the MBP vs. the aluminum shell. Sort of like the warping, from what I've read.

13. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Amen, sounds like somebody just has a thing against aluminium... :rolleyes:

I love mine, 2+ years old without ANY of those problems... :D

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

^ hell yeh i love the aluminium look! check out my setup in my sig… although i dont have the new aluminium keyboard.

Jobs clarified that consumers love the aluminium look when Apple released the latest iMacs.

ok thanks. the link doesnt work but i will search myself.

i had my battery replaced twice and the screen buzzing problem plus a bad logic board and RAM but never heard of the black screen problem. i think i have a lemon but eh! im still using it and still has great power and performance for me.

15. Alx9876 macrumors 6502

Alx9876

Hell no it doesn't. If it were true then I would buy a Macbook now. White and Black both look horrible. Aluminum is so much nicer and elegant.

The aluminum alone is worth waiting for. I am very pleased with the current spec Macbooks.

16. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

SEARCH!
    SEARCH!
    SEARCH!
    the three most important things you can do on this forum

17. XP Defector macrumors 6502

I seriously can't believe people devote their time to arguing whether or not an aluminum laptop looks better than a white one.

18. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

That'll never change. It's like those that come on here, and argue that MB's are inferior to DELL's, in terms of craftsmanship, and cost too much. It's crazy. Last time I checked it's a free world [in most places at least], and you can buy what you want, when you want...

19. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I'd hold out for a new one until we see what the next revision brings.

20. jkimbro0316 macrumors regular

Yeah just wait for the revision, even if the new macbooks aren't encased in aluminum, they'd still have a faster cpu, and perhaps more ram and hard drive options.

21. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

Haha "true"!
    So your saying your opinion is true and the other person's is what, false?
    ROFL it's an opinion. It can't be right or wrong, it's totally subjective.
    Mine is that the aluminium looks far nicer. White plastic always makes me think Paris Hilton for some bizzare reason.

I think Apple will go for the aluminium design to be more "green". I hope so too, because I'm holding out for an aluminium macbook.

22. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

I don't want to face the heat problems of aluminum. Simple as that. When Apple comes up with a better cooling system, I'll reconsider. Oh, and aluminum macs have inferior wi-fi signals compared to current Macbooks.

My 2 cents.