Wait on a new mbpr 15??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ipatry, Mar 16, 2015.

  1. Ipatry macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    #1
    Hey guys, I'm going to be headed off to college coming this fall. I have a late 2010 mbp and I'm looking to upgrade. I am a cinematographer, photographer, and graphic designer. I run all adobe programs, and a few other powerful programs. As of now, I do all my work on my desktop, but it would be nice to have the capability to run those programs smoothly. Would you guys recommend buying the 15 inch now? Or waiting on one? I do not need it right away, but sooner the better!
     
  2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
    #2
    If you want a dGPU

    Which if you want to do stuff with 4K video, I am assuming you will want to, then I'd wait for broadwell and hope for a decent GPU upgrade. They are sort of expected around june so a few months to wait.
     
  3. Ipatry thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    #3
    Thanks, has there been anything released about a new 15? Or is that just speculation? I made this mistake with my last mbp. A new one came out a month later...
     
  4. nfranklin macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2015
    #4
    Without the quad core broadwell chips out, there is no news. Summer at the earliest (maybe WWDC).
     

Share This Page