Wait on AppleCare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rchawks, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Rchawks macrumors member

The closer I get to purchasing (and where) the more questions occur to me, such as should I wait on the AppleCare until the 14 day window passes in case I'm unhappy with my purchase? If you buy AppleCare at the time of purchase and return the laptop are you refunded the cost
    of the AppleCare.

2. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

You can wait for as much as a year to get Apple Care. It makes even more sense than 14 days, because that way if something happens to your computer during the initial warranty period that is not covered by warranty (i.e. theft, irreparable accidental damage), AppleCare would have been useless anyway, and will not be refunded.

3. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

Excellent point and one that hadn't considered!

4. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

The only concern is phone support is only for the first 90 days, so waiting 90 days may be the best approach.

5. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

89 days it is.
    ;)

6. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

Haven't ever had to use phone support, so I just don't put as much value in that.

7. comics addict macrumors 6502a

For me it's come in handy a lot for when I am at wits end to troubleshoot an issue. By itself it made my decision to purchase the extended warranty all the more worthwhile. But to each it's own, certainly.

8. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

I like doing troubleshooting and starting my case via phone support before going into an apple store. That way I have a consistent POC.

That's considering that we're not talking about an obvious issue/fix, at which time I'll just head straight to the Genius Bar.