Wait or Buy now

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Loser120588, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Loser120588 macrumors member

    Jan 11, 2007
    I really want to get a New MacBook Pro. I have been a Windows user for my whole life which is only 18 years but still i want to make the move to Mac. I am going to go to college in the fall for Graphic Arts. Should i hold off untill then because by the fall we should all have leopard and possibly a whole new MacBook Pro with better screan and a whole bunch of cool new stuff. My problem is I have been waiting for so long already and looked it over and just love how easy it looks and cant wait to get my hands on one. So should wait until college and new upgrades or just get it now? Please help me out, THANKS
  2. SolidGun macrumors 6502


    Jul 24, 2004
    Twin Cities
    Sooner you learn it the faster you can get used to it. When you are in school...you may be too busy to do other stuff right away.
    You can always live with both. I have been using several OS's without sacrificing too much.
    My main gaming rig is always Windows, all my portables have been Mac and all my older computers become linux machines.
    I was also going to add that Graphics related field uses Macs commonly, but I have read that it will change as Vista comes out, but this is yet to be seen.
  3. Reaver macrumors 6502

    Aug 23, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    also is your going to wait for the next great thing and this has been said on this forum alot (if you wait then you will always be waiting). the good things about Mac's is that they hold there retail value well, so if you buy now and use it to get use to the OS and then you want to sell it you can still get alot out of it and then buy the next revised laptop/desktop when they come out.
  4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Oct 31, 2006
    THere will be a revision and Leopard before you go to college. I say wait till that comes about, latest beginning of summer. You would still have all summer to get acquainted. It would make sense, since you would get a computer that would last longer, with Leopard already installed.
  5. Loser120588 thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 11, 2007
    Thanks for the help. I was thinking about waiting for school becasue then i get student discounts, but then i would probably get it a few weeks before school started and not a lot of time to get to know the system and i also dont really know if i can wait that long:) because i really want this computer:D

Share This Page