Wait or buy now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by changhyuk, May 21, 2007.

1. changhyuk macrumors newbie

I am planning to get a MBP 15inch, but I heard there is going to be a new MBP line coming out. Should I wait or buy now?

2. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

i personaly would wait for a bit because they just released new MacBooks so the MBP's can't be far behind right?

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I'd personally wait, WWDC is just around the corner!

4. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

Oh yes the waiting game :rolleyes:

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I haven't been a member for long, but I have been reading these forums for some time, and I can tell you that you ought to search the forums before you decide to create a new thread. I know it seems like you're the only person who has this particular question, but if you were to do a search, you would quickly find this to be false. I'm not telling you this because I find the numerous threads tedious (I can always choose not to read them), I'm saying this because you might find better information in the other threads, because those who have wise things to say may not care to re-post what they've already written.

6. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Please use the search button. I know, it's up high there, on the right, and sometimes it's hard to get the mouse pointer all the way up there... and then the keyboard! So many keys! How to type all the questions!?

But for my sanity, and the sanity of many others - I implore you to try.

7. changhyuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Sry.... My first time on the forums. Never bought a mac before, this is going to be my first mac.

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Mine too, but part of asking others for help is first listening to what they have to say.
    Now that that's behind us, what would you like there to be in the mbp that isn't there now? For me it's LED screens and SR (for the higher FSB & better power management)

9. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Hold out three weeks, just to see what is up. Even if (God Forbid!) a new MBP is not announced at WWDC, you will have a better idea of what Leopard will be about, and you can make a better decision about whether that is where you want to go.

But chances are a better MBP will be out (or at least announced) by then, and three weeks is not that long.

10. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Definitely wait. WWDC will reveil all :).

Search Function is your friend.

I don't know if it was posted earlier, but the rule of thumb around here is wait if you can buy if you must.

11. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Unless, of course, you subscribe to Multi's rule which is wait, then wait, and then wait some more.

I am waiting for him to start "The Official Waiting for Penryn Thread" any day now. :D