Wait or buy now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mark10197, May 31, 2008.

  1. mark10197 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2008
    #1
    Hi,
    Im new to the Mac-Rumors community but I need help with a decision and this seemed like the best place to turn. I currently own an iBook G4 and have been very pleased with my systems performance through out the years. Unfortunately, it's time for an upgrade. I'm not made of money so I can't just throw money into a nice MPB so I am considering a black MacBook. My only problem is that Apple has a tendency to upgrade there products a lot and I have heard rumors of a new Intel Nehalem processor to be released. I can't afford upgrades a lot so I was wondering if should hold out and wait for the new Nehalem processor. I also was wondering if I waited, would the next generation of MacBook's with the Nehalem chips would have more than 144 mb of vram? I would prefer 256 mb of vram,

    Thanks
    Any help greatly appreciated!:)
     
  2. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

    asphyxiafeeling

    Joined:
    May 31, 2008
    Location:
    Cali baby!
    #2
    from what i understand, new macbooks will not come out until Q3.

    the biggest spec upgrade (from what i understand) will be an upgraded integrated graphics card, the X4500 (up from the X3100). it is said to have at least double the performance of the X3100.. unfortunately, i'm not certain on what the exact specs on these are... perhaps someone else can help?

    however, unless you're planning on doing some 3D modeling/gaming, the X3100 should suit you fine.

    so it's really up to you, if you want to wait or not.
     

Share This Page