Wait or buy NOW?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by r0cki, Dec 2, 2008.

1. r0cki macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

First of all, im sorry for the caps now in the topic, but when i use caps on the now, i mean NOW as in next week.

So... Shall i wait till Macworld gets through? Since there are suposed capacities upgrades on the Touch.

Thanks in advance for all the answers to come. :D

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

I think now would be fine, unless you dont really need it or something. The price will most definately be a factor when it comes to the memory increase so keep that in mind.

3. r0cki thread starter macrumors newbie

My only problem is... If the 16gb gets kicked down to the price of the 8gb i would be mad... Is that possible?

4. Kltdefer macrumors newbie

Maybe. The question you have to ask yourself is how much is it worth to have now. Having it now and getting several months of usage (to me) is well worth it. :D I bought my wife one and it's fun (& functional).

If :apple: does as people expect and have an increase in size for the touch, then I would expect the price to down for the existing units....You can check out how the other ipods have changed in price and size. ;) look in the buyers' guide tab (top of the page)

Cheers

5. r0cki thread starter macrumors newbie

Its worth to have one now A LOT, because my Nano 1st Gen broke down (computer wont recognize it and therefore i cant put musics on it), this happened about 2 months ago after i formated it... Talk about luck, eh?

So basically, i'm not listening to any music while im on my way to school for about 2 months and im getting paranoic... I have a PSP but i don't wanna carry it on my pocket everyday.

Guess if the 16Gb one kicks down to the price of the current 8gb it's well worth the wait till February. :p

6. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I think you're completely jumping the gun on calling it broken. What have you tried to do to fix the problem?

7. r0cki thread starter macrumors newbie

Everything that i could do... Internet foruns, i've tried to clean the port, i didn't took it to an :apple: Store because in Portugal there's only one in Lisbon and im 200km's away from Lisbon. The strange thing is that it charges when i plug it with the USB cable to the wall charger... Anyway, time to get rid of it and buy another iPod with bigger capacity.

More opinions needed, and Motulist if you have some idea on how to fix it, let me know ;)

8. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

You said it didn't work after you reformatted it. So it sounds like something went wrong with the formatting. If that's the problem, then all you have to do is find a way to reformat it and it should be fine. After connecting the ipod to you Mac, open disk utility and see if it shows up.

9. r0cki thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got a computer, not a Mac :p

And im trying to reconnect it now... For 30mins now, it wont recognize it... It says that a USB device has been detected with an error. Same error on my desktop (im on a laptop now btw).

Win Vista Home Premium here, Windows XP Pro SP2 at my desktop.

It really doesn't matter, i want to get a new one, but if i could find a way to fix this one, i could give it to my dad.

:D

10. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Open up a disk utility program and see if it recognizes the ipod. If it does, then just reformat it through that disk utility program.

11. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I agree, don't jump the gun this IS fixable, Ive messed up my ipod 1000 times worse trying to install linux, there IS a key pattern you must do to put the ipod into a "DFU" mode sort of speak. If I find it i will edit post. You really dont need the ipod touch if ure nano is working fine but if you feel you need it go for it....

EDIT: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1363?viewlocale=en_US

This worked for my video ipod, it will almost 100% work for you if the ipod charges..... If not they updated the key strokes which take 5 minutes for me to re -google... something tells me you really didnt look into this problem and just want a new ipod... hey its your money.

12. r0cki thread starter macrumors newbie

Its useless... It won't get recognized... Nevermind about it Motulist, thanks for the help though. It was old as hell anyway, and 2gb wasn't enough for me, although i have no more than 10gbs in music.

Back on topic now :p

**EDIT**

Above poster, read this, and thanks for the help :D

13. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Its very unlikely. The most probable situation is that they'll introduce a 64GB version which will be more expensive than the rest....just like when the 32GB came out.

14. descartes macrumors 6502

you can always be waiting. get it and enjoy it. something cheaper and/or better is always around the corner.

15. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

well thats what they have done with the 32, but back then it was just 8,16. i couldnt see there being 8gb, 16gb, 32gb, AND 64gb