Wait or buy the new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RockstarSR, Aug 24, 2012.

1. RockstarSR macrumors member

Hi guys!

I'm planning to get myself the new iPad 16GB Wifi model. I see rumors about the 7" iPad Mini AND possibility of tweaked new iPad. I have no interest in the 7" iPad but i'm wondering if i should wait for the (rumored) tweaked iPad or just go ahead and buy it right away..!

2. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I too am waiting because I want to replace my slow iPod Touch 4G with a iPad but I want one with the new dock connector.

3. irDigital0l Guest

Wait...you don't want to get an iPad with the old large connector.

Its just going to be a hassle that you need different chargers/connectors for different devices.

4. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

The Tweaked New iPad if atall makes it way is rumoured to make its appearance only in Mid November if you can wait till then its your call but by October end you would have some clarity from here and through going some news on the Internet that is there anything like that coming at all !

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

its just a dock connector but I would wait till at least the sept 12th event to be sure. I don't think they will change much else except maybe an A5X shrink to bettery battery life.

6. bassanoclapper, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

7. praktical macrumors regular

praktical

Wait or buy the new iPad ?

Strong suggestion to wait. There's a strong feeling that we're going to have a newer iPad in December which will contribute to a decrease in price. Buy smarter and not quicker.:cool:

8. RockstarSR thread starter macrumors member

I guess i will just wait till Sep 12th and see if theres any refreshed iPad.

Can't wait any longer than September as it defeats the purpose of me buying the device :eek:

9. aneftp macrumors 601

Loved the 7 inch nexus tablet. Performance vs price cannot be beat. However nexus 7 has some quality issues. I just returned my fourth unit. Going to wait until new iPad mini (if it gets announced) to compare vs nexus 7. Hopefully nexus 7 newer batches won't have same defects come September/October.

10. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

People here are getting confused about the OP's question and so am I, is the OP asking about the Current iPad-3 which is rumoured to be tweaked to overcome the overheating issue, or is the OP talking about a entirely 7 inch iPad. The earlier will happen later and the latter will happen earlier.

11. RockstarSR thread starter macrumors member

Guys, i'm not at all bothered about the 7" iPad Mini thats going to be released.
    I'm asking if its worth waiting for the (rumored) refreshed iPad which seem to solve the heat issues that are present edition.

12. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Waiting for the tweaked iPad-3 (November-December) will bring you close to iPad-4 why not then wait for another two and half months and buy a complete new iPad-4 in March-2013 rather then buy a tweaked iPad-3 in Nov-Dec-2012 ?

13. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

I'd be surprised to see an iPad refresh with just a new dock connector just months away from an expected launch of the 4th Gen model.
    Could be wrong, holiday season around the corner and everything

----------

Honestly, the heat isn't a big deal but I can see it being improved next time around, just not this year