Wait or buy the new iPad?

RockstarSR

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
59
33
Hi guys!

I'm planning to get myself the new iPad 16GB Wifi model. I see rumors about the 7" iPad Mini AND possibility of tweaked new iPad. I have no interest in the 7" iPad but i'm wondering if i should wait for the (rumored) tweaked iPad or just go ahead and buy it right away..!
 

tonyr6

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2011
1,401
455
Brooklyn NY
I too am waiting because I want to replace my slow iPod Touch 4G with a iPad but I want one with the new dock connector.
 

irDigital0l

Guest
Dec 7, 2010
2,901
0
Wait...you don't want to get an iPad with the old large connector.

Its just going to be a hassle that you need different chargers/connectors for different devices.
 

augustya

macrumors 68030
Feb 17, 2012
2,944
392
Hi guys!

I'm planning to get myself the new iPad 16GB Wifi model. I see rumors about the 7" iPad Mini AND possibility of tweaked new iPad. I have no interest in the 7" iPad but i'm wondering if i should wait for the (rumored) tweaked iPad or just go ahead and buy it right away..!
The Tweaked New iPad if atall makes it way is rumoured to make its appearance only in Mid November if you can wait till then its your call but by October end you would have some clarity from here and through going some news on the Internet that is there anything like that coming at all !
 

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
3,177
250
Boston, MA
its just a dock connector but I would wait till at least the sept 12th event to be sure. I don't think they will change much else except maybe an A5X shrink to bettery battery life.
 

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
266
11
London
Last edited:

praktical

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
107
0
Oklahoma City Oklahoma.
Wait or buy the new iPad ?

Strong suggestion to wait. There's a strong feeling that we're going to have a newer iPad in December which will contribute to a decrease in price. Buy smarter and not quicker.:cool:
 

RockstarSR

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
59
33
I guess i will just wait till Sep 12th and see if theres any refreshed iPad.

Can't wait any longer than September as it defeats the purpose of me buying the device :eek:
 

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
4,255
467
Depends on your intended use but I'd wait.
I've been playing with the Nexus 7 and really like the smaller form factor.

Maybe waiting for October is the thing to do
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/08/25/apples-ipad-mini-media-event-planned-for-october/

I use my 3rd Gen iPad heavily at work but an iPad Mini/Jr/Air would be great for lounging on the couch at home

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8290/7858185004_6b904a7622_n.jpg]Image[/url]
Picture in Picture by bassanoclapper, on Flickr
Loved the 7 inch nexus tablet. Performance vs price cannot be beat. However nexus 7 has some quality issues. I just returned my fourth unit. Going to wait until new iPad mini (if it gets announced) to compare vs nexus 7. Hopefully nexus 7 newer batches won't have same defects come September/October.
 

augustya

macrumors 68030
Feb 17, 2012
2,944
392
People here are getting confused about the OP's question and so am I, is the OP asking about the Current iPad-3 which is rumoured to be tweaked to overcome the overheating issue, or is the OP talking about a entirely 7 inch iPad. The earlier will happen later and the latter will happen earlier.
 

RockstarSR

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
59
33
Guys, i'm not at all bothered about the 7" iPad Mini thats going to be released.
I'm asking if its worth waiting for the (rumored) refreshed iPad which seem to solve the heat issues that are present edition.
 

augustya

macrumors 68030
Feb 17, 2012
2,944
392
Waiting for the tweaked iPad-3 (November-December) will bring you close to iPad-4 why not then wait for another two and half months and buy a complete new iPad-4 in March-2013 rather then buy a tweaked iPad-3 in Nov-Dec-2012 ?
 

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
266
11
London
People here are getting confused about the OP's question and so am I, is the OP asking about the Current iPad-3 which is rumoured to be tweaked to overcome the overheating issue, or is the OP talking about a entirely 7 inch iPad. The earlier will happen later and the latter will happen earlier.
I'd be surprised to see an iPad refresh with just a new dock connector just months away from an expected launch of the 4th Gen model.
Could be wrong, holiday season around the corner and everything

----------

Guys, i'm not at all bothered about the 7" iPad Mini thats going to be released.
I'm asking if its worth waiting for the (rumored) refreshed iPad which seem to solve the heat issues that are present edition.
Honestly, the heat isn't a big deal but I can see it being improved next time around, just not this year