Wait or buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by larfelts, Sep 21, 2012.

  1. larfelts macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2012
    #1
    I'd really love the Macbook Pro Retina 13" but it seems like rumors have died down about it. Should i just buy my second choice, the Macbook Air 13". I couild wait about a month but would hate to wait a month a wind up without the REtina.
     
  2. rbrian macrumors 6502a

    rbrian

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2011
    Location:
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    #2
    I'd wait for another month if you can - on the 26th of October there's going to be a new version of iTunes, and possibly some other stuff, like an iPad mini and 13 inch retina macbook pro. Of course, all this is pure speculation, but you'd be kicking yourself if you bought now!
     
  3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

    Orlandoech

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    Location:
    Salt Lake City, UT
  4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

    Dark Void

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2011
    Location:
    Cimmerian End
    #4
    The MBA and MBP are two completely different computers. If the MBA is actually what you want, get that. If you want a MBP, perhaps wait until the Retina comes out.

    In any case if you don't "need" a computer now then you could always wait.
     
  5. b.tuszkiewicz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2012
    #5
    I've got the same dilemma, and I just got back from the Apple store after having a thorough look at all the MacBooks.

    Looked at the 15" Retina MacBook Pro first, and realized its not as big (screen-wise) as I had pictured it. I could see myself carrying it around with no real problems. Screen looks fantastic and they're powerful machines. Most of all I love how thin it is.

    Then I gave the MacBook Airs a look. Love how thin they are but let's keep in mind a 15" Retina MacBook Pro is just as thick. The Airs also lack the specs I'm looking for. Sure I could max it put but I personally can't justify paying that much for the specs I get. Don't get me wrong it's a great machine just doesn't have what I want.

    So that brings me to the 13" MacBook Pro. Just the size I want and specs. Fits my budget I can max it out/customize the specs to my likings. BUT it's just too thick and I don't need that optical drive.

    So as much as I'd like to get a MacBook Air for its portability it lacks the power I want. But at the same time the 15" Retina MacBook Pro carries a price tag a bit heavy on my wallet.

    Thus a 13" Retina MacBook Pro would satisfy what I'm looking for in every way. Like other said wait until the end of October. I rather wait another month and have the chance of getting the exact product I'm looking for rather then settle for something else.

    If the 13" retina model isn't released ill probably go with a 15" model. The extra wait time will give me some more time to get funds together
     
  6. Bebel macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2008
    #6
    If a 13" Retina MBP is what you really want, I'd wait until the end of October to see how things pan out. It's not that far away.
     
  7. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

    Southernboyj

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Location:
    Mobile, AL
    #7
    I returned my MBA, its a nice laptop but the viewing angles on the screen are HORRIBLE!
     
  8. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

    MaxPower72

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Location:
    Chicago, Illinois, Crooks County
    #8
    I just sold my new 2012 13", I don't believe Apple will be releasing a rMBP 13"
    so I'm waiting for a MBP 15" 2.6 Ghz.
     
  9. vpro macrumors 65816

    vpro

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2012
    #9
    I'd say wait for the 13 retina macbook

    I'd say wait because that is what I am doing
    I am waiting for the 17" MacBook PRO refresh too,
    but I might not be so lucky.

    I wouldn't get the 15" macbook retina toy.
    This is my direct criticism towards :apple:
    Not the CONSumers who are sensitive about it.

    I'm gonna get a 13" retina macbook too! ^_^


    Thank you.
     
  10. larfelts thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2012
    #10
    Confident

    Seems you all are confident it's coming. I don't share your confidence but will make due with my iPad for a month.
     
  11. b.tuszkiewicz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2012
    #11
    No ones confident that its coming. But waiting out another month at this point is worth the wait to find out
     

Share This Page