Wait or buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ayolt de Roos, May 13, 2007.

  1. Ayolt de Roos macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 13, 2007
    #1
    I am thinking about buying a MacBook Pro, but I am thinking about a few things before buying it. I hope there is somebody that can help me with these dilemma's and maybe give there point of view on it.
    First of all: if, and I say if, Apple introduced Santa Rosa in their MacBook Pro's in the upcoming few weeks, will it be worth waiting even longer, let's say for the release of Leopard? I don't mind paying extra for Leopard, but does anyone think Apple will update some important features of their MacBook Pro close to October and the Leopard release?
    Maybe I can put it in another way: in the summer of 2008 I really need my MacBook, for educational purposes. Is there anybody that thinks that I will miss out on a lot of big things if I buy my MacBook in the upcoming weeks? Is the computer business so vivid that updates are so common that I will cut myself in my fingers if I buy one lets say: today?
    I hope there are people that can shine a light on these cases, cause these things are always on my mind. I really want to buy a MacBook Pro, but I don't want to buy it one day before Aple comes with a big update. Please tell me what you think...

    Thank you in advance,
    Ayolt
     
  2. zioxide macrumors 603

    zioxide

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2006
    #2
    Like every other thread on here says, if you need one now, then buy it. If you can wait a few weeks, then wait a few weeks.

    New technology is always around the corner, and you can't always be waiting for the latest and greatest.
     
  3. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2003
    Location:
    Kalifornia
    #3
    Wait. Apple will probably be updating the screens as well and there are lots of complaints about the screens on the current MacBook Pro's. If you really don't need it until Summer 2008 I'd wait just a few more weeks to see what comes out, then buy.
     
  4. epochblue macrumors 68000

    epochblue

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2005
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #4
    Rather than type out the exact same thing, I'll second this sentiment.
     
  5. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

    Dynamyk

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2005
    Location:
    Toronto
    #5
    Wait till Tuesday, there's rumors of sommin happening then. I would personally wait till the WWDC' which is in June but if ur in a big need of a laptop then just buy it. They are fine to use.
     
  6. epochblue macrumors 68000

    epochblue

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2005
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #6
    Aw, there are rumors of something happening every Tuesday (G5 PowerBooks, anyone?). ;)

    Waiting until WWDC is good advice if he doesn't need the computer right this minute, though.
     

Share This Page