Wait or buy??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JurgenWigg, Dec 26, 2008.

1. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

I checked out the buyer's guide, and though it seems like the cycle is ending, new updates soon and all that, it also says dont expect new phones until 2009. I just got a gift card from my parents for an iphone, but I go back to school jan 4th.

Should I wait and try to get an iphone when the updates come out? Whats the deal with the 32 gb storage, is there a scheduled release date, would there be any reason to think 32 gb iphones would be coming out soon thereafter? Ive got a 16 gb ipod touch, which was fine when I got it, but I have about 22 gbs of music now.

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

macworld is coming up in early January, if there is an update - it will be then (or announced then).

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I'm so sick of these threads.... anyways you've waited this long to buy one, you would be dumb to buy one right now less than two weeks away from mac world. Just sit tight and we will all see what happens. :D

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I'd wait until after MacWorld. Rumor has it that by August they will have
    a better iPhone.

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yeh i would also just wait to see if a 32 gb comes out in the next couple of weeks MW, if it does not then go get one...

6. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Wait until 2029, then, you'll be happy :rolleyes:

7. JurgenWigg thread starter macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

hahaha, yeah, that's what i keep hearin...

an iPhone hadn't even really been on my mind until this gift card, no way I could afford it, but now that the means is in reach... Well, i'd be kicking myself if an update came two weeks after I got it...

8. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

There might be a size bump at MacWorld in a few weeks. Also, there are rumors of a iPhone nano at MacWorld if that interests you. Otherwise, it looks like Apple is trying to keep the iPhone on a July update schedule.

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You just answered your own question. You should wait, rather than regret it.