Wait or Don't Wait to buy MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JNSC, Jul 24, 2011.

1. JNSC macrumors member

JNSC

I've been wanting to get a new Mac for SO LONG and finally will be able to in August. I'm looking at a :apple:15" 2.2 i7 750GB MBP w/ Antiglare Display:apple: (for a bunch of video editing).

If Apple releases a new MBP soon that's WAY better I'd have to kill myself. But if it's only speed enhancements and larger HDDs for about the same amount of money I'd be alright. So my question is how soon will Apple most likely release a new MBP and will there be any dramatic changes or just little things that are different?

I read all the rumors and know that nobody knows any more than anyone else, but I'm just looking for opinions..........;)

2. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

First off, don't kill yourself!!!!

:p

They most likely won't get an update until next year. If you need it now, buy it now. They are fantastic machines.

3. simsaladimbamba

If you can wait till Q1/2012, then wait, because that is when an update is expected due to new CPUs by Intel. Maybe, just maybe Apple will (very unlikely) update their MBPs in autumn 2011, but that will only be a speed bump.

4. JNSC, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

JNSC thread starter macrumors member

JNSC

Thanks! I promise I won't kill myself if it is this year though.......

And the new Intel CPUs would be dramatically faster then Sandy Bridge now?

5. simsaladimbamba

No, it will be only a shrinking process and 10 to 20 % performance gain.

6. Performa636CD macrumors member

From reading these message boards, it's my impression that any 2011 MBP updates will be after August 2011.

7. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Well there are two updates, the faster i7 sandy bridges due out in september and the ivy bridge next year. If you really want or need it just buy it now. Most people don't push these laptops to the edge in regular situations anyways.

8. JNSC thread starter macrumors member

JNSC

Thanks for all your insight! I might just get it now because I think the speed is awesome like it is and probably won't push it to the max, and also have a few things I need it for now. Thanks!:)