Wait or Not - Macbook 13" Aluminum

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by be-b0p, Apr 9, 2009.

  1. be-b0p macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    #1
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Harrison and I have been saving up for a Macbook 13" Aluminum
    2.4 ghz processor version. I, finally, have enough money but am wondering
    if it would be in my best interest to wait until Snow Leopard comes out.
    Are they going to do a refresh of tech specs with the new OS? Or would it
    be the same to upgrade as to buy a Macbook with Snow Leopard pre-loaded?
    Im expecting this guy to last me at least four years (I don't think that's too much of a stretch as I'm currently typing on a PowerMac G4).. So I really want to spend my money intelligently.
    I'm planning on using it for music editing/recording, but besides that, nothing
    too heavy.

    Advice please!
    thanks
    harrison
     
  2. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

    illegallydead

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado!!!
  3. xJus10x macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2004
    #3
    I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'm just gonna pull the trigger. It works great for everything I need it to do.
     
  4. waiwai macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    Florida
  5. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

    illegallydead

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado!!!
    #5
    At this point, any performance boosts will likely be negligible, especially for simple tasks.

    Not to mention, SL will likely take great advantage of even the current hardware, so I think overall you will be very happy!
     
  6. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #6
    SL won't be released for a couple months, but there's really no telling when. Just buy it now.
     
  7. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Laguna Beach
    #7
    there's nothing that intel will release in the near future. buy away and enjoy a crazy powerful machine.
     
  8. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

    ButtUglyJeff

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Location:
    New York. The state, not the toilet.
    #8
    Snow Leopard might be announced at WWDC in June, but even if its announced then you might not get it for months after that. At some point in time Apple will offer "free upgrade by mail", but exactly when, well its Apple we're talking about........
     
  9. npetrik macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2009
    #9
    If you can wait until June after WWDC then wait. After that then I say go for it. If you keep waiting for the next best thing in technology you will never buy anything. Something better is always around the corner. If you can't wait then by all means go get that Macbook! When June comes around don't fret about any announcements.
     
  10. Love macrumors 68000

    Love

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2007
    Location:
    Just southeast of Northwestshire
  11. hndn macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    #11
    so very true.
     

Share This Page