Wait or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vapor, Nov 18, 2007.

  1. Vapor macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2007
    #1
    My wife wants a new lappy for christmas, I am wondering if I should wait for the rumored 13 inch MBP or just get her the Macbook. the deciding factor will be price. I am wondering if anyone has estimated the cost of the rumored 13 inch. I am thinking it will be pretty expensive with flash memory and all. I would guess something like 2500.00. What do you guys think.
     
  2. Tom Foolery macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #2
    lol nice guess bud. there is no way apple would charge that much for a 13' computer. that's not the way they work. if they came out with a 13' mbp it would be in place of the macbook so the price would probably be exactly the same or maybe a slight increase. cost is already a big issue with poeple on the fence about window or mac. plus who would buy a 13' mbp for 2500.00 when they can get a mbp 15' for less

    i would stay tuned to rumors about the mbp thats the only real way to know exacly when it's comming ouw, but i wouldn't think the cost is going to be the exact same. there was a simmilar issue with the imac's and the newer imacs ended up being better and cheaper than before
     
  3. Tshapi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2007
    #3
    I started a thread a couple days a go called "Ultraportable MBP Rumors credibility?"

    I do believe there will be a 13" Ultraportable MBP. I do not believe it will replace the MB.

    the MBP currently has two 15" inches in the line up, i believe it's possible that an Ultraportable 13" will replace the low end 15" on the line up starting at about $2000 dollars or so.

    the way i see it, is if i wait til Jan and they do come up with a 13" just the way i want it, i will buy it, if they don't then i will buy the MB
     

Share This Page