wait? returns 14 or 30 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CaucasionInvasn, Jul 7, 2010.

1. CaucasionInvasn macrumors member

i look on my receipt and it says i have until the 8th (today) to return my phone. making that 14 days. but i thought you had 30?

just wondering because i would like a white one, call me what you want, its terrible to use a "loaner" phone. blah blah.

oh and btw does anyone know when the white is coming out. sry for all the questions. thanks.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

it's usually 14 at apple but because of all the problems they're giving 30.

white iPhones come out second half of this month.

3. CaucasionInvasn thread starter macrumors member

yes i did purchase at apple. and wow thats nice. thanks.

any link or info to confirm this.

4. CaucasionInvasn thread starter macrumors member

aww nice. lets hop they release the white before the 24th. although its highly unlikely

5. vegastime macrumors regular

I called the Apple store to double check the return policy, since my receipt showed I only had 14 days. They said don't worry about it. You have 30 days to return.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I hope they release it on July 31st.

:)

Why'd you bother to buy a black if you wanted white?

Seriously... this whole "bought black/want white" thing may become a dissertation topic for me one day.

It's just... weird.

7. xtend macrumors regular

No worries about July 31st :D ... i'm still waiting for my black one and will exchange for the white!

Why? Because i have NO (working) phone currently! If i had a working 3GS i could wait a month or two for the white one.

So they can release on July 31st or later - my 30 days haven't begun yet :rolleyes:

just mt 2 cts :apple:

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Well then, I hope you're able to exchange it. Or, that white comes out soon enough that you're able to just go in with an unopened black and get your white phone. I'm sure they'd exchange for that. :)

9. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Apple altered their Retail return policy with respect to the iPhone 4 several days ago, now it simply reads:

End of story...

You can read the current Retail return policy at:

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_us.html

That's here in the US, of course, but I'm guessing it applies in other countries as necessary... not 100% sure about that, however. The only reason you're required to offer is "I'm simply not satisfied with the purchase" and that's that - no other reasoning, no other responses are required. Don't even bother mentioning problems, just say you're not satisfied and that's it.

10. nowstime macrumors regular

Does AT&T have the same 30 days return policy?

11. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Honestly, I have no idea but I will say that I've seen a big change in the number of posts on other forums about people making returns to AT&T stores. Two weeks ago you'd practically have to prove the phones were defective, but now because of all the press (and people reporting the problems here and many many other places) AT&T seems to have adopted a more lenient approach and is making the return or replacement process pretty simple.

I've even seen reports where people that hated AT&T with a passion but got an iPhone 4 because they wanted the phone more than they hated AT&T report that when they had problems with their phones they dreaded going back to the AT&T store but were amazed at how easy it was to do a return/replacement. They went in expecting a nightmare and came out like it was all a dream or whatever, no idea.

That's gotta be saying something... :)

12. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Yes, you have 30 days to return and retain your upgrade. Having said that, they may charge a restocking fee.

I had my sister buy my iPhone 4 from me and now I will just use her upgrade for myself when a phone that catches my eye is released.

13. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Does anybody know what "within 30 days of purchase" means if you got your iPhone from the Apple online store?

Would it be July 15th or July 24th or something in between?

14. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I walked into an AT&T store to get a new SIM card and asked the guy there if I could bring in my online iPhone 4 AT&T purchase to return, or if I need to handle it over the phone. He happily said I could bring it in to send it back and they would handle everything. I was plesantly surprised.

Oh, and they even gave me the SIM for free! Best Buy charges $30 for a friggin SIM.

15. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I've been told by an ATT kid and an Apple kid that the White will not be out until mid-August!?!?!?! I asked them where they read this, both said it was just "heard". Then the Apple kid told me that part of the reason in having a late release for white is to prevent people from "exchanging". I doubt this is true!

16. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

I'd like to return this black iPhone4 due to antennae issues :mad:

No, I don't want a refund :confused:

I'd like to exchange it for a white iPhone4 :p

17. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

I bought my phone from ATT and my screen appears to be darker on one side. I just want to do an even exchange so can I take it to an Apple store and have them swap it out?