wait so how can bumpers correct the calculation of the bars?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rook02, Jul 2, 2010.

1. rook02 macrumors newbie

So based on apple's statement today, the issue is with the calculation of the bars. So how come many users are stating and many apple customer representative reps suggesting that using the bumpers improves the signal issue? This suggests that there is a definite hardware issue with the antenna design and apple is unwilling to take the responsibility and criticism that goes with releasing a faulty product. Trying to deceive customers is not what I had expected from apple.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Didn't read apples statement correctly did you!

3. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

"As a reminder, if you are not fully satisfied, you can return your undamaged iPhone to any Apple Retail Store or the online Apple Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund."

^^^^^^^^^
    Please do that!

Thank you!

Mark

4. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Who pays the re stock fee? Apple? I know I wouldn't pay it to return a faulty product.

5. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

I don't think there will be a restocking fee OP. Especially not now. If they try to charge you one, point out the issues you've had and their press release.

But OP, you made a solid point. I think there is no question that touching the corners does degrade the signal a decent amount. Those in low signal areas see a noticable difference while those with good signal do not.

This fix is a cover up of sorts. But if apple is honest, after this fix, everyone's signal bar should drop by one or two when you hold the phone in that spot, even if they live in a high signal area.