Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I really wanted a Mini 4, and I am happy its thinner and has a slights faster A8 and 2GB of RAM.

I was reading an Article which indicated Split View was Exclusive to the iPAd Air 2.

I am super bummed theres no reason to do this, My Note 5 has a 5.7 inch Display and you can watch youtube and do email side by side or even Snip from a Website and drag to email.

So on an 8 inch Display Split View should work just fine.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
It does indicate a 512mb ram option, because 512 is better than 1 or 2, but it lacks a screen, back panel, and internal components. jk

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011
Is this a question, a statement, or just a misinformation troll thread?

What article was this? Not quite sure how anyone could get it quite so wrong at this point but if you check with Apple and check the specs I think you'll find the answer.

FYI, There isn't a compact tablet that will even come close to keeping up to the MINI 4 for 2015/2016.

I really wanted a Mini 4, and I am happy its thinner and has a slights faster A8 and 2GB of RAM.

I was reading an Article which indicated Split View was Exclusive to the iPAd Air 2.

I am super bummed theres no reason to do this, My Note 5 has a 5.7 inch Display and you can watch youtube and do email side by side or even Snip from a Website and drag to email.

Last edited:
Reactions: ron7624

DominikH

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015

Of course, iPad Mini 4 is going to have Split View feature cause it has 2 GB of RAM...

You can verify my statement here: http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini-4/ios9

Reactions: ron7624

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA

The iPad Mini 4 does has Split View and Slide over with a 1.49Ghz processor with 2GB of RAM. The Mini 4 is a smaller version of the Air 2. Split View is available on the iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro. Slide over is available on all currently sold iPad models. (iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.